• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Warp 4G SuperROM v2.7 {updated 7/6/14}

Foatkill has to be in /system/app, plus don't forget to change fotakill permissions to 0644 (like everything else in same folder. Uninstall, wipe caches & try again. Don't "install" it anywhere, just set in system/app, fix permissions and reboot should be all that's necessary (if u haven't done so already.. I just don't know if fotakill can operate correctly. in KK OS

Hey that worked great! No more notifications. And it deleted the kitkat zip file also from the cache folder. :cool:

Upvote 0
Hey, I'm curious about something. How were you getting notifications if you flashed a custom ROM? That never happened to me. Us that a geographical thing with Boost?
The ROM was Stock based ie: all the same files & APK's given in normal ota update, minus a few from debloating if deodexed version was installed

Upvote 0
Ah, I see. Hey, did I see you over in the Team blacked out forums? I love their themed apk's. And sorry if I'm mistaken.
Possibly, lmao. I tried to " help" gunthermic partially theme a Playstore they said couldn't be done... So I did it. Or started to and everyone got offended so I backed out. I got nothing but respect for his work as he surpasses everything I've ever done.

Upvote 0
Possibly, lmao. I tried to " help" gunthermic partially theme a Playstore they said couldn't be done... So I did it. Or started to and everyone got offended so I backed out. I got nothing but respect for his work as he surpasses everything I've ever done.
Wow, I had no idea. Out of all the themer over there, I liked his the best and its a shame he stopped. That's impressive bro, too bad things didn't work out with. They are great themer's, though they come off in their forum as a bit cocky. Anyway, what are you working on now, maybe a ZTE lollipop ROM? Just kidding.

Upvote 0
um actually.. I tried moving on to the Warp Sync since I couldn't find any more new Warp 4 G's for sale. The dang thing is unrootable at this time, me & SuperR tried everything we could think of and he had WAY more ideas than me. the other day I even started typing secret codes into the phone just to see if there was any screens/modes we could fastboot from. still no dice. But then after I got the Sync, I found a new 4G and ordered it as a backup for "just in case". I'm thinking about pulling it out and tinkering with it since i got a decent PC to do such.. we need an OC kernel for KitKat and i'll be doing some research to see if I can get it done. Plz don,t hold me to it as I'm still kinda Linux illiterate at the moment. I'm working on that tho, lol. If successful I'd like to see about making good on my JollyRoger ROM again. Got part of it done on JB and JimSmith even made me an OC kernel JUST FOR the JollyRoger. My PC went down and there was only so much i could do on my phone and I got frustrated & gave up.. SO, gonna maybe try this again. Maybe. Loving this PC. :cool: And missing Root on this Sync.

Reactions: Purerawenergy
Upvote 0
That's too bad. I agree to love this phone. Haven't heard much about the Sync. Similar specs...?
Almost.. Double the RAM & cores. Plus "Enhanced Lte" - faster downloads by utilizing multiple bands at the same time. I think it would be up there with (if not EXCEED) benchmarks from Galaxy S4 & 5 with an OC kernel on this thing.. Lack of Root is my ONLY COMPLAINT on the Sync. SuperR done his best to try and it looks like the rest of the future ZTE's are locked as well.. We'd be crying without our buddy SuperR. Props bro!

Upvote 0
Almost.. Double the RAM & cores. Plus "Enhanced Lte" - faster downloads by utilizing multiple bands at the same time. I think it would be up there with (if not EXCEED) benchmarks from Galaxy S4 & 5 with an OC kernel on this thing.. Lack of Root is my ONLY COMPLAINT on the Sync. SuperR done his best to try and it looks like the rest of the future ZTE's are locked as well.. We'd be crying without our buddy SuperR. Props bro!
I was just checking it out, specs are nice. Sucks about no root though. I'm sure someone will figure it out soon. (probably SuperR)

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Yup, HE'D be the one!! [emoji41] I'm just trying to be as useful as I possible can with his efforts.
I hear that. I have learned so much from you guys. Didn't even know what rooting meant when I started, but now I'm doing things I never dreamed possible, not to mention the fun I've had along the way. And I'm giving back where I can as well and that's fun too. Wish I help more in this area though.

Upvote 0
Sadly, we don't have KK kernel source for the Warp 4G :(

aw crap... FORGOT THAT PART!! LMFAO! well... dang. ZTE quit responding to my emails too, Lol.

:oops: What if you were an agent or some official and contacted zte and said you have a phone that belongs to a criminal and need the kernel source to see how it's encrypted... or whatever( if that's even plausible )..would they be inclined to give it to you? :D
We all should spam the crap out of zte and act like we're in complete distress and act like it's a matter of life and death! :p ( I think I may have been evil in a past life )

WOOOWW!! there's so much to add to this PC for kernel work, i wouldn't know where to begin!! I'll try to stick with theming..

Yeah I was in the middle of trying to get everything working on my win8.1 ideapad for some modding, theming, or whatever I could muster up the brain power for.. got the system variables, but think I had problems initiating (adb,SDK, some other ones I think ) And how to use them correctly I'm sure. theming was my objective at the moment. I've read a bunch of how to's but think maybe didn't have something set up correctly if anybody knows of a good instruction set for setting up win 8.1 for modding lead me there, otherwise I'll keep trying

I was stoked when i seen that phone, but was disappointed after finding that for the moment it is un-rootable. It would be bargain powerhouse for sure. I would probably have the phone by now if I knew development/root was possible. Maybe one day.
So what would it take to get the Sync rooted/modded without ZTE's involvement? Like compiling from source or something right?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:oops: What if you were an agent or some official and contacted zte and said you have a phone that belongs to a criminal and need the kernel source to see how it's encrypted... or whatever( if that's even plausible )..would they be inclined to give it to you? :D
We all should spam the crap out of zte and act like we're in complete distress and act like it's a matter of life and death! [emoji14] ( I think I may have been evil in a past life )

Yeah I was in the middle of trying to get everything working on my win8.1 ideapad for some modding, theming, or whatever I could muster up the brain power for.. got the system variables, but think I had problems initiating (adb,SDK, some other ones I think ) And how to use them correctly I'm sure. theming was my objective at the moment. I've read a bunch of how to's but think maybe didn't have something set up correctly if anybody knows of a good instruction set for setting up win 8.1 for modding lead me there, otherwise I'll keep trying

I was stoked when i seen that phone, but was disappointed after finding that for the moment it is un-rootable. It would be bargain powerhouse for sure. I would probably have the phone by now if I knew development/root was possible. Maybe one day.
So what would it take to get the Sync rooted/modded without ZTE's involvement? Like compiling from source or something right?
SuperR has already compiled it, we can't get Fastboot/Bootloader modes to change it out... There HAS to be a button f/or dial pad code to access said modes cuz THEY have to have an access to troubleshoot/fix issues themselves

Upvote 0
Is us possible to change the splash screen without a PC? The few threads I searched seem either old, dead and incomplete or device specific. Thanks
Theoretically, Yes. But in an older Warp Sequent - all things root section, I believe it was hard coded into build props/XML.. Never looked into it too much

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones