• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

i am unable to write prl after flashing this rom. qpst says phone not exists. cdma workshop cant read, dfs n cdma tools all are not working. any help??

It's not the ROM...

Did you flashed the CWM-Green-recovery-05022012.img that's included in the OP? QPST and all those other tools do not work with this recovery. I've found that only two recoveries for the OV are compatible: ClockworkMod (CWM) version 3.2.0.1, and some versions of Cannibal Open Touch (COT). Change your recovery until you find one that works...

FYI.

Upvote 0
It's actually recommended to have a Froyo ROM (Stock ROM even better, if you backed it up) and the Xionia recovery for the best results.

I just got done un-bricking my ZV4 V using the KP500 (Seems to work best with ZV4 V's) so I have the stock ROM backed up, Will do the same with the other ZV4 V so I have a stock ROM backed up for it.

The KDZ works best for ZV5 V's.

Everybody should have a stock ROM backed up. They come in real handy some times.

Upvote 0
It's actually recommended to have a Froyo ROM (Stock ROM even better, if you backed it up) and the Xionia recovery for the best results.

Maybe for your unbricking but unnecessary for changing PRL... I've never needed to switch back to a Froyo ROM--stock or custom--in order to change the PRL in the OV--been doing that with GB ROMs for the past 2 years without any issues. There is really no "best results" with the PRL changes since it either works or not. :)

Upvote 0
Yes, but your not new to hacking and modding you V.
I made a suggestion that works everytime, for anybody, no what their level of experience.

Granted that you're quite knowledgeable in many areas--way more than I am--but there's no technical justification for needing to go back to a Froyo ROM in order to change PRL. The extra and unnecessary steps of flashing ROMs back and forth would just add more complication, confusion, and chances of error, with no real merits or advantages, for any new user IMO. Anyway, let's agree to disagree as this is OT... The OP simply needs to flash a compatible recovery for QPST and those other tools to recognize the OV so to be able to change the PRL.

Upvote 0
I do that because the ClockworkMod Touch Screen recovery v5.0.2.7 doesn't have the "fix recovery loop" option.
If I ever experience a recovery loop I can flash the Xionia recovery.zip to get myself out of it.

COT has that option as well as the ZenGarden. I just don't use either one any more. To unreliable for what I need a recovery to do.

Upvote 0
I've went back to the Touch Screen ClockworkMod recovery. I got tired of never knowing what the COT and ZenGarden would or wouldn't flash.
Now everything flashes just fine.

I put the zipped Xionia on the root of the sd card.

I've come across a few problems using zengarden, i wanted to delete a backup of an old backside rom i had instead it made a nandroid of the current mirage rom, at least it said it did, but when i checked Md5 sums didn't match so i deleted both with root browser.

Then it took me two attempts to make a nandroid backup of my current mirage rom?

But it did save me from bricking twice!

Still i keep xonia as well as touch screen recoveries on my sd card.

Upvote 0
COT has never failed to flash anything I wanted.. Curious what doesn't work with it.
I had a couple of kernels that didn't flash using it.
I suspect there are a few more things, just went to the ZenGarden which did the job.
Now it doesn't work when flashing a 3G and Gapps fix, a theme and a modded launcher.

I need something that won't let me down, but, has the touch screen.
This is why I switched back.
I don't mind having to have the zipped version of the Xionia on my sd card in case of a recovery loop (I have two ZV4 phones).

Upvote 0
Absolutely! In fact BACKside was my daily driver until about three months ago when I got an Optimus F3.

You got an F3? Cool! I love mine! I've had it for a little over a month now, and it runs great. I have mine rooted, running stock V6. Debloated it based on a post LeslieAnn wrote at vmroms.com. She bought one for her mom.

Anyway, I briefly used this ROM just after I rooted my V. I settled with BobZ for a while, then got into Harmonia, StockOV, MirAGE, jduffield1's CMX and now squid's KitKat. Still have my V. Still on the original battery!

Upvote 0
Sadly mine is gone. My family fell victim to a shady moving company when we relocated from Michigan to Texas. We lost everything that wasn't in the minivan with us, including my OV. I do miss it, but it could have been worse. We still have both computers, my guitar, and my daughter's 3DS. We have to literally start from scratch again, but now we're in the strongest economy in the US instead of one of the worst.

Reactions: badblue1
Upvote 0
We have to literally start from scratch again, but now we're in the strongest economy in the US instead of one of the worst.
Beats where I'm at. Central Florida-Polk County. One of the worst.

Don't know how long I have before my rare genetic disorder kills me (Auto-immune Hepatitus, which is not contagious, just my own bodys immune system attacking my liver and trying to kill it), unless my disability attorney gets things moving a bit faster and I can get the treatment to sort of restore some functions. No job, no insurance (because of the progession of the illness, I can't work and Obama care won't approve me).

$200.00 dollar a month injectable drug (not so bad), but they need to monitor my blood once a week for the rest of life (another $100.00 each visit). Totall is more than I can afford a month, so no treatment until disability and Medicare (Medicaid?) kicks in. Hopfully before too much longer. Leggs and feet are swelling up so much I can't get my boots on, lace up shoes aren't far behind. Hands and arms are getting bigger as well (this is a very bad sign).

There you go brotherswing, you see, you don't have it near as bad as you thought.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones