• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

Give Watchdog a try. It sits in the background and will alert you if any apps misbehave (eat too much CPU), then it will give you the option to force close the misbehaving app.
If you use "connection tracker" in conjunction with watchdog you will know which apps are hoging power and sneaking on the internet

Reactions: brotherswing
Upvote 0
Straight to the point lol, nice.

But yeah, basically I think the only thing not working is the voice command key (correct me if I'm wrong) but that can be remapped to function again
Ah, yes. Forgot about that, I never use it. I've remapped that key to MEDIA NEXT for my psychotically random playlists when doing housework and such. I just have to have a physical key for that one!

Upvote 0
Ok guys, thanks for your answers, I have another question, not so silly this time.

there are 3 roms that caught my eye here (for the optimus v) I have try them all, and I don't see any difference between them.

1) mrg666: CM7.2-RC0-IHO-MiRaGe. latest version (Dec 1, 2011)
2) JerryScript: BACKside (not pure). latest version (Nov 22, 2011)
3) BobZhome: CM7.2.0 RC0-BobZ. latest version (November 19, 2011)

I have seen the change logs for (2) and (3), the one for (1) I just couldn't find it anywhere.

would you be so kind of telling me the differences and also recommending the most stable one (that would be for my wife, I don't want her phone rebooting or anything like that because she is not a ROM junkie like myself :D)

Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Hi, I was just trying to transfer files though BT between my 2 optimus v, one running MiRage latest CM7 and the other Backside latest version, both phones can fin eachother and pair, but the transfers were impossible from and to each device, I tried pictures, video, contacts, etc, nothing worked, even tried with some market BT app, still nothing, then I flash the BACKside phone back to stock and try again, files from mirage successfully transfer to stock rom, file from stock rom successfully transfer to mirage.

Now I'm about to install on both phones RobZhome latest CM7 to test.

Question, is there something in the roms that might make them incompatible with each other in terms of bluetooth transfers? :thinking:

Thank you

Upvote 0
So, according to a front page post earlier, ADW EX is going to be one of Google's $0.10 apps soon. Since ADW is already baked into BACKside, what are the implications of installing the paid version on our phones?

Also, on a side note, does anyone know how ADW is with a Honeycomb tablet? Got a Dell Streak 7 and the forums here don't seem very active.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
So, according to a front page post earlier, ADW EX is going to be one of Google's $0.10 apps soon. Since ADW is already baked into BACKside, what are the implications of installing the paid version on our phones?

Also, on a side note, does anyone know how ADW is with a Honeycomb tablet? Got a Dell Streak 7 and the forums here don't seem very active.

Thanks!

I use(d) ADW EX with no problems at all. I did freeze the plain Adw that came with the rom after I installed ex and that seemed to work well.

Reactions: SoulDroid1
Upvote 0
I use(d) ADW EX with no problems at all. I did freeze the plain Adw that came with the rom after I installed ex and that seemed to work well.

Excellent tip! I didn't think of freezing the built-in ADW! Either way, I'm going to grab it when it goes on sale for $0.10. Seen some screen shots of it's new built-in ICS theme and how it looks on Honeycomb and I do like!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones