• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

Ok this may sound ignorant..but for those of you who have flashed already is it really buggy?? What I mean is if its better than Icarus 1.1 I want it..but not if its broken..
It still has a few bugs. Honestly though, You can't really see exactly how "Buggy" it is unless you use it. The new build does have USB and Camera working. I've been told MMS is being worked on. Though I'm not sure if it's by Isaac or not. ^^.

Upvote 0
It still has a few bugs. Honestly though, You can't really see exactly how "Buggy" it is unless you use it. The new build does have USB and Camera working. I've been told MMS is being worked on. Though I'm not sure if it's by Isaac or not. ^^.

Yea bugs are to be expected I suppose..especially when these guys dont get paid for their services. My big worry is getting all my shortcuts/widgets set up and then having to re-flash for an upgrade lmao. So going from Icarus 1.1 to CM7...do you recommend it?? Or should I just put my big boy pants on and do it anyhow..lmao

Upvote 0
Yea bugs are to be expected I suppose..especially when these guys dont get paid for their services. My big worry is getting all my shortcuts/widgets set up and then having to re-flash for an upgrade lmao. So going from Icarus 1.1 to CM7...do you recommend it?? Or should I just put my big boy pants on and do it anyhow..lmao
do it you wont regret it ;)

now for a ? I have a roaming indicator off notice, anyone know where I can correct that?

Upvote 0
As long as you have a backup of Icarus to flash back to if you don't like it then, why not? I think you will like it though. BTW appkik is working flawlessly. When I was backing up apps to my sd card it said some couldn't be put onto the sd card but they were anyway(I checked before I formated everything) I'm reinstalling everything I had now. That really was a timesave PG. Thanks

Upvote 0
Camera and USB Mounting has been fixed. Camera app still takes down the system, but at least it works now.

The new nightly (03302011) will be up after I get back from class.

There's also a new CWM (3.0.2.4) to flash. It's not completely necessary to flash the new one, but it has new features in it.

Isaacj87, I have rom manager, I backed up, flashed data, cache, and davlik cache. Next, I formatted data, cache, and davlik. Then I installed your latest CM7 and then the Gapps. Then rebooted.

My phone goes past the Red Huawei and then gets stuck on the lovely Cyanogen Mod 7 screen.

Any suggestions?:thinking:

Upvote 0
snap20110330_210741.jpg

snap20110330_210745.jpg

snap20110330_210749.jpg

Upvote 0
Isaacj87, I have rom manager, I backed up, flashed data, cache, and davlik cache. Next, I formatted data, cache, and davlik. Then I installed your latest CM7 and then the Gapps. Then rebooted.

My phone goes past the Red Huawei and then gets stuck on the lovely Cyanogen Mod 7 screen.

Any suggestions?:thinking:

I didn't do the full wipe the first time and got stuck on the CM7 logo. I just rebooted into CWM and did a full wipe (wipe data/factory reset)...rebooted with no SD card and it was good to go

Reactions: krazykaigh
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones