• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] CyanogenMod 7 | Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) | Current Version: 09122011

from the ultimate ascend guide for icarus, cm6, cm7

use your track ball to select (in order) the following commands

wipe data/ factory reset
wipe cache

advanced

wipe dalvik cache

press the back button (the arrow) on your phone.
under mounts and storage, format following...
boot
data
system
cache

That's exactly what I did...I updated the CWM to the one you just posted...i'm getting the impression that this phone doesn't like CM7 ...I put the Metro 2.2 by PlayfulGod and it was fine except I kept getting a error/force close every 5 minutes...and I've let cm7 sit for 5min to an hour and i've restarted it without the SD card to see if it's the problem...it just hangs at the blue ascend screen...

Upvote 0
That's exactly what I did...I updated the CWM to the one you just posted...i'm getting the impression that this phone doesn't like CM7 ...I put the Metro 2.2 by PlayfulGod and it was fine except I kept getting a error/force close every 5 minutes...and I've let cm7 sit for 5min to an hour and i've restarted it without the SD card to see if it's the problem...it just hangs at the blue ascend screen...

dont delete the whole metro folder cause there are some txt and other files for data/mms thats needed for this phone to operate correctly, just delete the app folder thats in the metro folder to get rid off the bloatware.

Upvote 0
dont delete the whole metro folder cause there are some txt and other files for data/mms thats needed for this phone to operate correctly, just delete the app folder thats in the metro folder to get rid off the bloatware.
hey bro, maybe grab the dir or file n upload em. Those might fix the issues some have had with data.

Upvote 0

I'm confused....I never stated I deleted anything...I'm trying to figure out why CM7 is going wrong :)

Upvote 0
My new build atCM7-Ascend-BobZ - Prepaid Android
Changelog
07-01-2011: Sync'd up with CM7.1.0-RC1 = Minor bug fixes this week
: New MAC address with this release. So if you have multiple Ascends, just flash one of them to this build. To resolve the same MAC address problem!
: Added Darktremor Apps2SD v2.7.5.2 + fix

Enjoy!

Upvote 0
My new build atCM7-Ascend-BobZ - Prepaid Android
Changelog
07-01-2011: Sync'd up with CM7.1.0-RC1 = Minor bug fixes this week
: New MAC address with this release. So if you have multiple Ascends, just flash one of them to this build. To resolve the same MAC address problem!
: Added Darktremor Apps2SD v2.7.5.2 + fix

Enjoy!

SMOOOOOOOOOOOTH as SILK!

Outstanding work,MR. ZHOME!

Upvote 0
Well, Just a comment.

First, as I've pointed out several times around here. I think PlayfulGod deserves some major KUDOS, for picking up the reins on the CM7 builds.

Isaac had done an Awesome!!! job, but hey no problem moving on.

The only issue I had was the last build from Isaac, did not have the Kernel to flash back up to 748MHz updated, actually it said do not flash it needs updated, plus a new GApps is coming. But then he moved on and it was stagnent for a while. At least that's all I saw.

So, his latest build was really good, every little detail fixed and figured out, very impressive. Just that Kernel update?

So Kudos to PlayfulGod for grabbing the ball, and his realease was very good, he has a2sd build it, Excellent.

Now I had some seperate issues, so for the time being I dropped back to the 05142011 build (The last isaac w/ the 748 kernel flash). This build, still has some of the kinks like with the USB mounting, etc, but it works fine for me.

I use Antutu Benchmark, and I get the highest numbers with this ROM than with anything. (Now Antutu is a little weak as some things are weighted too high, like sd read/write speed is really highly weighted to the final score), if anyone knows a really good benchmark app, I can use both.

But EVERY app change, I run benchmarks and compare, but there is more to it than just these numbers.

For now 0514 is running Awesome. For now the Wiki is under construction, and updating that Kernel, I give them a TON of credit, as it is SO sensitive. I was running PlayfulGod when he had 748, but running at 729, as 748 crashed it, FC all the time, FREEZES UP on messaging, etc. But 729 fine. So, I'm just going to chill till 748 is back on the plate, then move back over to his.

I think he does great work, so I'm sure this will be great in no time.

Anyway, not to drag on as I am pretty much know for writing these books. I just wanted to say, that the 0514 is a great ROM to fall back on, Never really any serious issues. NO issues in operation, just maybe USB link sometimes, or little stuff. I loved in the the next how he had removed over 1000 lines of Huawei code...LOL....I do want to get to the newer builds, but for now, this is a nice place to be.

All my best to all....
Take care.
Jeff

PS: I would love to hear what some of you like to stick with. If you don't jump to the latest/greatest, what's you favorite to stick with.

PS2: Watch out for that CM7 CYAN....? something ROM, it is nothing more than Isaacs latest, cooked and put out as his own, he didn't compile anything, got slammed over on ppa.

All my best...

Upvote 0
I have a question i broke my ascends volume button it can only turn tha volume down now "dammit"will this effect me in anyway when it boils down to flashing new roms?maybe not huh?

Getting into CLOCWORKMOD RECOVERY sounds like the only issue that the volume rocker would have any troubling effect on.

You may be able to get around this issue by entering CWM RECOVERY via ROM MANAGER.

Upvote 0
Is it me or im doing sumthing hella wrong my im using pg's latest build 624,and im oc'ed at 691 and im using smartass mode and my battery seems to be getting molested quikly meaning tha battery is draining away?i check tha battery status and it says my display took up 28%im like how and my display is set really low,And it also says my voice calls took up 34% i only spoke to one person so far less than 5minutes im wondering wats going on?

Upvote 0
Is it me or im doing sumthing hella wrong my im using pg's latest build 624,and im oc'ed at 691 and im using smartass mode and my battery seems to be getting molested quikly meaning tha battery is draining away?i check tha battery status and it says my display took up 28%im like how and my display is set really low,And it also says my voice calls took up 34% i only spoke to one person so far less than 5minutes im wondering wats going on?

I wouldn't be alarmed about those stats,they're just percentages of what you've used.That in itself isn't cause for alarm.
Just watch the battery meter in the notification bar.If it seems to be draining rather quickly,then,a look @ the battery stats may be in order.
There are two things you can do to actually help overall battery performance.

1)Fully charge your battery to 100%,then,unplug,go to CWM recovery & wipe battery stats.Run the phone unplugged all the way down to ZERO,then,fully charge again to 100%.
This should be done every time you switch ROMS.

2) Install WATCHDOG from the ANDROID MARKET.It will alert you if an app is using an unusually high amount of CPU,giving you a better idea of what is truly VAMPIRING your battery resources.

Upvote 0
hey bro, maybe grab the dir or file n upload em. Those might fix the issues some have had with data.

going to flash 2.2.2 and post links in official 2.2 thread and also put it in siggy.

I got another question my ip address seems to have disappeared when i flashed pg's 624 build frum that bootlegged kmod?How to go about fixing such things without tha run around!?

sound like you had a bad flash or your router needs to be reset.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones