• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT][CWMTOUCH] All in One Script with CWM Touch Recovery

Great script. The only question I have is:

Is there a reason why sometimes when I do a recovery boot the phone goes black and locks up (I have to pull battery and reboot). Other times it goes right into recovery perfectly. I've tried different reboot apps. quick boot, anreboot, rom manager, fast reboot and a couple others. Currently using quick boot. Any info will be appreciated.

Upvote 0
Can anyone explain HOW to run this script on a step by step basis? I like to proceed with caution.

Download the aio zip file. Unzip it, install the driver in the drivers folder if you haven't installed the LG drivers already. Run the script file, options are self explanatory, option 1 roots your phone and installs superuser and clockworkmod touch. If you only want root and super user but no cwm (can't see why you wouldn't want cwm, u kinda need it) use option 2. If you are already rooted and just want clockworkmod touch.use option 3. Option 4 unroots the phone.

More options are coming, just not fully tested yet due to time constraints.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Reactions: infowarz
Upvote 0
Great script. The only question I have is:

Is there a reason why sometimes when I do a recovery boot the phone goes black and locks up (I have to pull battery and reboot). Other times it goes right into recovery perfectly. I've tried different reboot apps. quick boot, anreboot, rom manager, fast reboot and a couple others. Currently using quick boot. Any info will be appreciated.

I use the option in titanium backup to boot recovery without issue.

If it locks up it should not matter what app or widget is used since they all trigger the same command. It sounds like you have a bug in your recovery flash.

Upvote 0
Reactions: djtheraven
Upvote 0
Just rooted the replacement phone and all went well. I see in the Market Superuser app has an update. Should I update? I never had to update superuser before and don't feel like screwing something up today.

I find that oftentimes updating the superuser app causes problems. If everything is working, why try fixing something that isn't broke? I'm sure there are some that will disagree, but that's my take on it.

Reactions: jmwinf146
Upvote 0
I find that oftentimes updating the superuser app causes problems. If everything is working, why try fixing something that isn't broke? I'm sure there are some that will disagree, but that's my take on it.
I usually deny its update 2 or 3 times before allowing it to update lol

But yea, even tho I am a cutting edge type guy, su n superuser I usually leave be until its proven to work.... which I am usually the guy who does that around here ;) lol

Reactions: jmwinf146
Upvote 0
im buying a connect for my wife yoday:D i might need some help rooting and installing CWM lol :p

Its easier than taking a crap when you use the all in one script. Just install the LG drivers, put your phone in USB debugging mode, hook it up to your PC, run the script from the all in one, choose root + cwm option. Done.

Upvote 0
So, I'm already rooted on version 2.3.6. How do I install Clockworkmod on this. Is there a guide for it somewhere, and if so can you link me? Thanks
When you run the script it will give you a few options and they should be in this order (I THINK :D) see below.

(1) Rooting and installing ClockWorkMod TOUCH.
(2) Root Only
(3) CWM Touch Only
(4) Unroot.

So you would choose CWM touch only.

Upvote 0
What exactly is not working, the script don't work and you can't install it or you actually have it installed already but can't get into recovery?

I was able to fix my problem. It was due to not having the LG drives. Then I tried this and it worked like a charm! Also, something that I think would be very helpful is a 5th option. The option to remove CWM all together. This is because even when you unroot your phone and uninstall ROM Manager manually, the CWM touch is still on your phone. And if you do a factory reset, you will brick your phone (It goes on an infinit loop). It happened to me. I was able to recover it by using the LG Updater tool.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones