• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROOT][CWMTOUCH] All in One Script with CWM Touch Recovery

Crap bluescreened my comp if you don't havew a clue don't offer a suggestion. Please remove link

Lol. This was written a long time ago, moved on to better and bigger things long since and haven't even had this phone for at least a year. This was used by ALOT of people successfully. I'd say user error, not to mention I'd be willing to bet the firmware for this phone had been updated well after this was written. Try not insulting folks when they do work for other for nothing but a thank you. Good day sir.

Reactions: Spec2nirvash
Upvote 0
Does anyone still have a copy of this script? And would they kindly upload it for me? Links here are down. I know it's a long shot, being I'm one of the few who haven't moved on to better things but, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

I'm having trouble with rom manager or cwm as I am not able to boot into recovery. I'm having the same trouble others have mentioned where it would reboot and then there is an install icon or wipe icon (a yellow box with an arrow pointing out of it towards a green android), and then just boots normally. He never did explain what he did to fix the problem. Anyway,...

Can't seem to get into recovery. Hard keys believe it or not, actually resets the phone. Everyone else gets into recovery via the hard reset, i get a factory reset. I don't know what happen. Think a bad battery messed my phone up a few months back, causing me to lose partial root or at least damaged some files maybe.

Any help or ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

I need to restore a backup.

Upvote 0
Does anyone still have a copy of this script? And would they kindly upload it for me? Links here are down. I know it's a long shot, being I'm one of the few who haven't moved on to better things but, I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks.

I'm having trouble with rom manager or cwm as I am not able to boot into recovery. I'm having the same trouble others have mentioned where it would reboot and then there is an install icon or wipe icon (a yellow box with an arrow pointing out of it towards a green android), and then just boots normally. He never did explain what he did to fix the problem. Anyway,...

Can't seem to get into recovery. Hard keys believe it or not, actually resets the phone. Everyone else gets into recovery via the hard reset, i get a factory reset. I don't know what happen. Think a bad battery messed my phone up a few months back, causing me to lose partial root or at least damaged some files maybe.

Any help or ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

I need to restore a backup.

That's because you erased CWM and root access by flashing firmware with the LG Tool. What you are seeing is the factory reset tool where your CWM once resided. You need to run this script, gain root and reinstall CWM before you can restore that backup

I have the script, but I'm not going to use a host site, I hate them. In a compressed zip, it's small enough to email to you, PM me if you want it.

Reactions: infowarz
Upvote 0
Does anyone have a working link for this?

I have the lg connect, and I had it rooted, with a custom recovery for a while, but I had to do a complete factory reset, and it's left me without CWM.

The links in this thread no longer work. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could upload it to DB or the likes for me.

Thanks,
Xieon

Upvote 0
I made that post before I spotted your post with the AIO installer in another thread, thanks for that, got it good. But, there's a problem, even with drivers installed, debugging mode on, internet sharing over USB, I can't get the executable to write the superuser to the phone, it just says that it has no permission, reboots the phone a few times, can't do all of the other things writing to the phone either, reboots once more then quits. I have no idea what I could be doing wrong.

Upvote 0
Using wrong root kit. You're probably running VV4 or VV5 firmware...

You need the Connect-the-dots root kit for that particular firmware. Its somewhere here in the ATR forum. If the link is dead, send me a PM, and I'll throw it in my Dropbox. You'll have to wait until tomorrow night, not home until then.

You lucked out, I have it on this computer here. Just in case the CTD link is dead:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v53dvcp5ta13jef/connect_the_dots.zip

Please note, as I'm unaware of your expertise here.....

1. This will only root your phone.

2. You can try using the AIO kit you got from me to flash CWM if you want the recovery. Might work for you, might not. I had to manually flash CWM to my VV5 firmware. If you are unsure of how to do it, be warned; you WILL brick your phone if recovery is flashed to the wrong partition, bad script is executed, or wrong file is flashed altogether. You're on your own there.

3. IMPORTANT: You must perform a factory reset BEFORE running this root kit, especially after trying to use the AIO kit, otherwise you'll have same permission denied errors.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones