• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root FAIL. Help!

mckevjo

Lurker
Aug 25, 2010
I'm new to the root game, somewhat. Here's what happened: I installed Easy Root on my phone, rooted the phone successfully. I then installed ROM Manager, and tried one of the custom ROMs from there. I did all the steps to wipe the cache and do a back up. Something happened during the booting process to the point where I can't make calls/send messages/download any apps from the market. I've tried to flash back to 2.1 and 2.0.1, and neither worked. I was running a manual update of 2.2, but it was definitely the official version. Also, it looks like the ROM I was trying to put on is still there; as well as the Superuser app. I have no idea what to do now. Any ideas would be very welcome.

Not entirely sure what is going on, but I'm going to guess that its a bad ROM or something like that. My suggestion is to flash a new ROM. Usually any problems like not being able to make calls is a ROM issue and can be fixed by simply flashing a new one. If they persist, even in a completely different ROM, I would suggest flashing your back-up. I've never dealt with flashing previous versions so I don't know if that might have screwed it up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones