• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root failed - please help!

geli7

Dec 20, 2009
I attempted to root my phone using the manual method but it doesn't look like it worked. I used the instructions in the rooting methods thread, as well as had the video from the same thread going in the background. I feel like I did everything right, especially through step six. The instructions only have seven steps though, and the video has nine. I followed the instructions exactly. After that didn't work I went to the video (which uses the instructions from droid-life) and did the extra step...which to me looks like step five exactly. No dice. The phone works but it's not rooted. Please help!

I attempted to root my phone using the manual method but it doesn't look like it worked. I used the instructions in the rooting methods thread, as well as had the video from the same thread going in the background. I feel like I did everything right, especially through step six. The instructions only have seven steps though, and the video has nine. I followed the instructions exactly. After that didn't work I went to the video (which uses the instructions from droid-life) and did the extra step...which to me looks like step five exactly. No dice. The phone works but it's not rooted. Please help!
I re-flashed the custom RUU and did all the steps after that. I think I have root access now (Rom Manager asked me for superuser access, I would think that means I'm rooted) but when I try to run Titanium Backup it still tells me I need root access. Any ideas what's happening?

EDIT: Nevermind, it asked me to reinstall busybox and that seemed to work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones