• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root for LTE model T217S.04 Sprint?

Yes there s a root for it but its specific for the t217s follow the directions here. Works great,.

[Recovery] T217S CWM 6.0.3.6 (Unofficial) - xda-developers

:thinking: :vollkommenauf::thumbdown: I do not recommend this method, as it jacked up my tablet. luckily, even though the process failed, and froze my tablet, It did however manage to install Clockwork Mod, and I was able to manually boot into recovery. I downloaded a de-odexed stock ROM, pre-rooted, dumped it to my external memory card via my computer, put the card back into the Tab, then booted into recovery, and manually installed the ROM. When I rebooted the Tab, it took a while to launch the Android OS. I got an "updating Android" screen, then after about 5 min. I had a fully functioning tablet, with root, and it retained all my apps, files, and most of the settings. :congrats: :thumb:

I advise to use a different method for rooting, and after some research, many people have had the above scenario happen to them...

I got really lucky...;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones