• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root Noob

Hey everyone, I am sorry if this has been posted a million times already but I couldnt really find a solid answer...

I am going to be getting the desire the second Telus gets off their arse and puts the thing out and I really want to root it because of how much customization freedom it allows. The one thing I am worried about is warranty.

If I root with Telus how would I go about UNROOTing and bringing the phone back to 100% stock in case something should go wrong?

Any links or advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you.

Hey everyone, I am sorry if this has been posted a million times already but I couldnt really find a solid answer...

I am going to be getting the desire the second Telus gets off their arse and puts the thing out and I really want to root it because of how much customization freedom it allows. The one thing I am worried about is warranty.

If I root with Telus how would I go about UNROOTing and bringing the phone back to 100% stock in case something should go wrong?

Any links or advice would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you.

Follow this guide to unroot, its fairly straight forward.

[Guide] Root, unroot your HTC Desire + Mirrors - Via Modaco - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones