• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root or .....?

leftystrat

Dec 14, 2009
leftystrat.blogspot.com
I would prefer that Talk, Amazon Mp3, and whatever else NOT activate themselves. My linux boxes only run programs when I tell them to and I'd like that same courtesy from my Droid.

I would be perfectly happy to delete Facebook and the aforementioned apps, as I don't use them. I would also prefer that the apps I *do* use not launch themselves.

Are these issues solve-able as root?

Thanks.

I would prefer that Talk, Amazon Mp3, and whatever else NOT activate themselves. My linux boxes only run programs when I tell them to and I'd like that same courtesy from my Droid.

I would be perfectly happy to delete Facebook and the aforementioned apps, as I don't use them. I would also prefer that the apps I *do* use not launch themselves.

Are these issues solve-able as root?

Thanks.

Yes and no, rooted you can remove all of these apps but you can not stop some apps from opening in the background. Being rooted you can use an app like autokiller to control how much free memory you have.

I hope this helps a little

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones