• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Root - ROM -and Kernel

skydmark1

Feb 12, 2011
Hello everyone! So I'm pretty familiar with rooting, I've rooted my Moto Droid, my wife's old LG Ally, and most recently my wife's Droid Incredible. I also am picking up a used Incredible to flash to PagePlus and plan to Root it. No problem doing that, just went through the steps. I do however have some questions about ROMs and kernels. I flahsed my wife's Dinc with Stock+ ROM and she seems to like it. But I've been reading about people changing the Kernels. This is something I know nothing about. Educate me!!! :D Why would I want to change the Kernel and does it depend on the ROM I'm going to flash? Also, how does one go about changing the Kernel. While we're at it, any ROMs you suggest I try when my Dinc shows up in a few days!! I have been reading and searching but couldn't find much about Kernels except that people change them.

THANKS!!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones