• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So, I successfully rooted my Acer iconia a100 solely to remove the trial ware excessive app BS that you may not uninstall otherwise, the problem is that I did not update the tablet when it prompted me with the available updates. I did that because I wasn't sure if the updates would patch whatever exploits were being used to gain switch user or root control, now the updates are not there and I cannot find a "out of the box OEM fatory default" fix all method, is there one?

Ofcorse I have tried hard reset, factory reset in settings and looked for out of the box "roms" to replace this glitchy build I have now. I have found that there is a OTA update scheduled for the 27th but I doubt it will help concidering I need updates that are avaliable now but are not recognized or found.

My foremost question would be is my device ruined or do I have a chance for a complete OEM status, if so how? Also I am using the device now, it is not bricked just to clarify just very glitchy. Thank you in advance.

Hi droidnoob, and welcome to AF.

You probably did the right thing not accepting an OTA update after rooting. I know that on my own device that almost always causes problems (it's applying a patch to a system that has been modified, so some level of conflict is common).

I'm afraid I can't help much with this, as I don't know the device. The best place for this query is probably the a100 All Things Root subforum. I'll move the thread to there.

Reactions: mrpnut
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones