• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooted no problem, but need to remove bloat

whittall1

May 31, 2010
Hi,

Just rooted my Sensation, no problems went very smoothly.
My phone is Vodafone branded and I wanted to remove bloatware such as "360 shop" etc.
Can I do this now i've rooted my phone without flashing?
I've tried to uninstall through application management but I get a failed message.

Thanks in advance
Dave

If you really don't want to flash a ROM then do as above.

I haven't done yet on my Sensation, but i can't recommend enough flashing one of the custom ROM's out there if you want to get rid of the bloat! Did this on my old Desire and the difference was quite considerable, especially when you get over clocking too :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

Just rooted my Sensation, no problems went very smoothly.
My phone is Vodafone branded and I wanted to remove bloatware such as "360 shop" etc.
Can I do this now i've rooted my phone without flashing?
I've tried to uninstall through application management but I get a failed message.

Thanks in advance
Dave

Hi Dave,

Have you managed to get rid of the Vodafone root screen? or can it be replaced with another at will?
Tim

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones