• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted on EE4..STEPS I TOOK...

Outsider(Avid HustlaZ)

Aug 12, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I dont have the links to the files i downloaded but you can find them all on xdaforums.com under Droid Charge Development. These are steps I took and ive had no problems so far. All works and looks good. Hope this helps you that have doubts and questions.

Odin ED1(must disable lagfix before odin to ed1)
Let OTA of EE4 download
Odin CWM(new version from imnuts)
Flashed imnuts PBJ kernel(with voodoo)
Downloaded GummyCharged 1.5 on phone made by Kejar
Flashed GummyCharged using CWM(must wipe data partician and must wipe data/factory reset from CWM)
After installing all my apps re-downloaded to phone then opened up Astro file manager, looked for the "voodoo" folder and deleted the file named "disable_lagifix" then rebooted phone waited for voice to tell me all was ok and that lagfix was applied phone rebooted
Now im on EE4 with imnuts pbj kernel and gummycharged 1.5 rom(this will change appearance to look like gingerbread.) Hope this helps.

Is there a way to just root EE4, I just want to use Titanium to get rid of some of the bloat, other than that I am happy with the phone as is.

Well if your on ee4 already what you need to do is odin imnuts CWM(new version), then flash imnuts PBJ kernel, then flash gummycharged 1.5...if you want the voodoo lagfix you needa download imnuts PBJ kernel WITH voodoo lagfix.

Edit: YOU MUST WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET AND WIPE DATA PARTICIAN BEFORE YOU FLASH GUMMYCHARGED 1.5 your apps should redownload automatically.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones