• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted OPO stuck in Bootloop after trying to install Cyanogen Mod 12

Hey,
I have a problem with my OPO. Just some weeks ago I rooted it and after that everyone worked find. Then a few days ago I met someone that had a OPO too ( what's very rare for me ). His was rooted too, but he had Cyanogenmod 12 and Android 5 on his. I have CyanogenMod 11 and Android 4. So he told me just to go on CyanogenMod homepage, download the latest update for "Bacon" (OPO), go into your recovery boot ( in my case it's the clockwordmod root menu ) and then install Cyanogenmod 12 with that. I did that and then my phone rebooted and after it said "Updating Apps.." and "Starting Apps.." it showed a Cyanogenmod looking like screen but for only about 2 seconds and then it went back into the boot screen. Now I'm stuck in the bootloop everytime I start my phone..
Did someone have a problem like that before?
Is there a way to fix my system without losing all my data?
Thanks for every helpful answer!

Here you go, the information is located in this post - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55040333&postcount=2

I have copied the pertinent parts below:

Mobile data issue when using Alpha modem especially with T-Mobile carrier
Alpha modem causes unexplained battery drain
If you haven't flash CM12 firmwares, you need to flash it. Refer to the CM12 firmwares FAQ.
If you already have flashed it, check and change your APN. Don't use the IPv6 APN, here is how to do it.
If all above methods don't work, then you need to use the old 44S modem with an older sensor blob. You still need CM12 firmwares.
Here are the steps of using the old modem:
If you dirty flash a new build, you need to flash the older sensor blob again, but you don't need to flash the 44S modem again.
I have a bootloop when flashing build 01/18 onwards
What is CM12 firmwares and how to flash it

• CM12 firmwares are the firmwares that are pulled from CM12 nightly and starting from build 20150118 onwards, it is mandatory to flash these firmwares prior flashing the rom. Otherwise you'll end up with bootloop.
  • The zip file contains 8 firmwares including the Alpha modem for the partition: emmc_appsboot.mbn, logo.bin, NON-HLOS.bin, rpm.mbn, sbl1.mbn, sdi.mbn, static_nvbk.bin, and tz.mbn
  • If you are using Multirom, don't flash it through Multirom menu. Flash it through the main TWRP menu "Install".
  • If you see the "Power by Android" logo disappear after some seconds when you still see the OnePlus One logo, then you have successfully flashed CM12 firmwares.
  • You just need to flash this only once as these firmwares are shared among all roms. This means if you flashed CM12 firmwares, then you cannot use KK roms. Refer to the next FAQ for downgrade possibility

This is your solution, I bolded it for you. I included the top portion as just an extra piece of information should you have any issues with the Alpha modem going forward. Please let me know if this works. This is the second time I have posted this in a few days so it seems to be happening more frequently.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones