• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooted phone - delete apps

exoomer

Lurker
Dec 19, 2010
Hi,

I've rooted my phone according to UnrEVOked rooting guide. I did it to get more space on app storage. So now, I would like to do two things. Delete those ******ed applications like Facebook for HTC, Stock and shit. The second thing is delete HTC Sence. I'm using Launcherpro, so I don't need it. I would like to get as much space as possible on my phone storage, because some apps cannot be moved to SD Card. Or is there any possibility to move apps like Gmail, Sygic, Doplhin browser to my SD card to gain more space on phone?

I'm a newbie about this things, so I don't really know what to do now.

[And sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker, I'm trying to explain it at my best.]

Thanks for that replies. I'll try to find a ROM. I found a thread on XDA forum:
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=809328
Do I need to choose a suiting ROM for my Adnroid 2.2, or I can put any of them on my phone? And last question. Do you recommend any of these ROM? There are many of them and I don't know which one to choose.

Upvote 0
Well, roms are really about personal taste. If you don't like sense, I'd go with Oxygen, and if youre GSM, which sadly I'm not, I hear Redux is very good as well. Those roms are very small in size, letting use a CMTD and gain a whole of space. If you do like Sense, Leedroid is supposed to be good. If you're like me, and love a good looking phone, I really love MIUI (though I run Go Launcher over it). MIUI is also generally small, giving you the option of gaining a lot of space. I suggest heading over the the http://androidforums.com/desire-all-things-root/353729-rom-type-you-using.html page and look for your self. Also as you already looked XDA is a good site to browse.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones