• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rooted sprint HTC Hero, Factory Resetted,,now home screen wont load

garzatim90

Dec 4, 2009
So i Finally rooted my Sprint HTC hero and was happy after two hours of figuring it out. WEll I did a factory reset and i accidentally removed the two IM apps and now my home screen wont load it says the HTC sense has stopped unexpectedly.

Does this mean its bricked???? Please Help

Check out XDA forums and find the forum on the HTC CDMA and find the link to download RUU_Hero_C_Sprint_1.56.651.2_signed_releaseUU_Sprint_Hero

I believe as long as you can get it powered up at all, you can reflash it with this, back to the factory 1.56... I don't think you're bricked, but look into that.....

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone a few weeks ago and right now I just did a hard reset on my phone....when the phone restarted its stuck on the home screen telling me that its loading and may take a few minutes but its been more then 10....I did not make any backups only of pograms using titanium backup while my fone was stil working...any advice?

Upvote 0
One, any time you flash a Rom or do a FR, you do a Nandroid Backup, you will most likely have to reflash now and loose everything you had set up

I rooted my phone a few weeks ago and right now I just did a hard reset on my phone....when the phone restarted its stuck on the home screen telling me that its loading and may take a few minutes but its been more then 10....I did not make any backups only of pograms using titanium backup while my fone was stil working...any advice?

Upvote 0
Hey DonB ...im not too concerned about redoing everything as long as I can get my fone fully working again lol....how do I reflash everything or how do I get it working again...thanks its much appreciated

You have to boot into recovery and then wipe data and cache. You then go into Advanced and wipe Dalvik cache and then Mounts and Storage and format boot, cache, data, and system. Since you are not concerned with your current setup, you can bypass doing a Nandroid backup prior to the above steps. Although, I strongly recommend you do one in the future.

After you have done the above, you can flash the ROM and then the GApps from your microSD card. You can then reboot your handset and start setting things up again after you sign into your Google account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones