• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rooting a Pixel 7?

A week or so ago, I purchased a Samsung S23 Ultra as a replacement for my Pixel 3XL. Prior to buying the phone, I reviewed a number of on-line guides about rooting said phone; but when it arrived, I was unable to make any of those procedures work. I posted here and learned that the new Samsung phones cannot be rooted.

My next plan is to get a Pixel 7Pro and root it. I have seen some on-line guides about rooting that phone, but given the experience I just had with the Samsung phone, let me simply ask this: Can the Pixel 7Pro be rooted?

Reactions: AugieTN
A week or so ago, I purchased a Samsung S23 Ultra as a replacement for my Pixel 3XL. Prior to buying the phone, I reviewed a number of on-line guides about rooting said phone; but when it arrived, I was unable to make any of those procedures work. I posted here and learned that the new Samsung phones cannot be rooted.

My next plan is to get a Pixel 7Pro and root it. I have seen some on-line guides about rooting that phone, but given the experience I just had with the Samsung phone, let me simply ask this: Can the Pixel 7Pro be rooted?
As long as you buy it direct from Google and DON'T get a carrier model, yes, it should be rootable

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones