• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting and wifi turning on by its self

db2u

Jul 28, 2011
So... a bit late posting here,

For anyone having problems rooting using the poot method, where it gives the daemon error and SAYS its rooted but apps that require root dont work... in addition to the steps in the guide in all things root, I had to download the "Ministro configuration" app and choose the unstable repository. This may be fixed by now as it was a couple of weeks ago, but apparently there was a change that got pushed to the stable repository that broke its ability to root these phones.

Also I saw another mention of this but it got kind of buried in another thread... to make your wifi stop turning on by its self (really annoying) just root your phone, install titanium backup or a root explorer (titanium backup free version will work for this, not sure if any other free apps will) and delete the connection optimizer application. I imagine this will save some battery and ram as well by avoiding some task running in the background constantly checking status of your networks.

Reactions: MyFormIsCrack
Also I saw another mention of this but it got kind of buried in another thread... to make your wifi stop turning on by its self (really annoying) just root your phone, install titanium backup or a root explorer (titanium backup free version will work for this, not sure if any other free apps will) and delete the connection optimizer application. I imagine this will save some battery and ram as well by avoiding some task running in the background constantly checking status of your networks.

Lmfao that another was me either way have to thank simultaneously like you.Bad ass sig given its true for those who actually know what their doing

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones