• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting/Custom ROMs on LG Optimus T?

JaSauders

Aug 2, 2011
So I've done some reading on what I can do with the LG Optimus T. I'm curious about getting a custom ROM installed, however, the only ROMs I know of in my short time with Android is Cyanogen and Megatron. Megatron sounds like it doesn't support Swype, which is an instant killer for me. Cyanogen also doesn't have my device listed on their site as supported.

So, that said, is there any way I can put a custom ROM on this phone? Or are there no other viable alternatives to Cyanogen for this device?

So I've done some reading on what I can do with the LG Optimus T. I'm curious about getting a custom ROM installed, however, the only ROMs I know of in my short time with Android is Cyanogen and Megatron. Megatron sounds like it doesn't support Swype, which is an instant killer for me. Cyanogen also doesn't have my device listed on their site as supported.

So, that said, is there any way I can put a custom ROM on this phone? Or are there no other viable alternatives to Cyanogen for this device?

I don't know how much people on this forum know about rooting, but there might be a few guys that can help you out.
Another forum that has a lot of knowhow on rooting would be the xda developers. I'm pretty sure the Optumus T is the "Optimus One" over on xda LG Optimus One, P500, V - xda-developers

Upvote 0
Well I ended up using Z4root to get it rooted. Very easy. Now I'm just curious if a custom ROM is worth it, and assuming it is worth it, which one to go with that's supported on my device?

hmm.... :thinking:

I guess, its up to you - other roms may have more features than others. I guess its a question of what you want your phone to be able to do. Try a few out to find one that suits you the best.

Upvote 0
I have screwed with my phone from day 1. The problem with most of the custom roms for the Optimus T is no wifi calling. I have only found 2 roms that will support that feature. If you don't use wifi calling (just wifi data will work). openOptimus build 1.172.1 with the wifi apk & RevOidOptT (has wifi calling included). It is worth it - better battery life, improved features, different layout - really kool. Be sure you backup everything because you have to wipe all data from the phone. Got to be careful - follow directions EXACTLY. There should be some more compatable roms released in the next few weeks. Try the RevOidOpt rom and "get your feet wet". Be very careful about changing basebands as some of the latest roms require it - difficult, but not at all impossible to switch back. GOOD LUCK & have fun...........

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones