• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Froyo on DX

So once you run the rageagainstthecage file and it goes back to the $, it should then go back back to the tools file after a while? is that correct?

I just killed the adb server again adn did the adb shell and am still getting the $ instead of getting the #. I think I am going to hard reset my phone and start from scratch to see if I can get this to work.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Can it be deodexed as well, or is that still forthcoming?

I'm wondering since the version numbers match, if using team blackhat's app might just be the best way to go?

We've both downloaded but delayed the installation of froyo on our two phones here, waiting to see what the best course of action is.

Upvote 0
Awesome! Can it be deodexed as well, or is that still forthcoming?

I'm wondering since the version numbers match, if using team blackhat's app might just be the best way to go?

We've both downloaded but delayed the installation of froyo on our two phones here, waiting to see what the best course of action is.

if you want to be rooted then for now I wouldnt suggest taking the OTA. If you do there is no safety net for a bootloop because sbf files wont work. The only thhing in the ota that we dont have yet is a new baseband

Upvote 0
I told my wife to just sit tight. We've waited this long, and another few hours or day or two won't kill us. Just knowing the final was finally released sets out minds at ease. We were starting to think either moto or Verizon were going to just kill the froyo release completely because of the huge delay.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones