• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting gone bad

pillar79

Lurker
Jun 25, 2010
I used z4 Root a couple weeks ago, only to find that it won't work with the newer android update. I have the original Droid 1, & it seems to be losing its battery life quick since I have tried to root it. Is there another easy way to root/unroot it, and will that fix my battery issue? If there's no easy way to root it at the moment, what can I do about the draining battery?

edit: it's also slow...but it was before the battery/rooting issue.

battery life is subjective - $ apps, way the phone is used, etc all play a factor - but so does the age of the battery and the number of times it has been charged / recharged. I have an original gen DROID that I bought on 6 Nov 2009 - battery life is not he greatest, but certainly better than I would expect given I OC to 1000 MHz and have 140+ apps installed. However, early on, sometime last year, before I had charged the battery too many times, I bought a spare battery, battery charger, and a variety of cables and such - so now I only charge any given battery once a day (each battery gets charged once both batteries get used in a typical day - gotta love Pandora).

For example, if you bought the phone 6 Nov also, and have charged you battery on an average once a day, you've already put it through 400+ charging cycles - and that will weaken your battery's longevity and staying power.

As for fixing your problem, though, with the root, see this thread: http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/136508-guide-all-things-root-related.html

Upvote 0
there seems to be a problem with restoring backed up roms with #3...for some reason it neglects to install the google apps, ie; no market, no talk, no calendar sync, etc. I have no idea how or why, but when I flashed back to #2.5.whatever this problem went away...after I formatted and re-partitioned my sd and in general wondered wtf is going on.

Upvote 0
there seems to be a problem with restoring backed up roms with #3...for some reason it neglects to install the google apps, ie; no market, no talk, no calendar sync, etc. I have no idea how or why, but when I flashed back to #2.5.whatever this problem went away...after I formatted and re-partitioned my sd and in general wondered wtf is going on.
???? does this have anything to do with this thread?

Upvote 0
hi so i have a samsung moment me an my gf purchased couple months ago it was rooted when you turn it on instead of it saying "samsung" it says Haxsung.. well the phone started freezin so she switched phones and i did a hard reset and the phone is now deactivated and its in the start up menu trying to activate but it cant because there is no number attached to it. my question is how do i unroot it get it back to how you would buy it at sprint ??

Upvote 0
hi so i have a samsung moment me an my gf purchased couple months ago it was rooted when you turn it on instead of it saying "samsung" it says Haxsung.. well the phone started freezin so she switched phones and i did a hard reset and the phone is now deactivated and its in the start up menu trying to activate but it cant because there is no number attached to it. my question is how do i unroot it get it back to how you would buy it at sprint ??

You might want to post this in the Moment - All things root forum. This is for the original Droid. I would love to help you but I don't know anything about the Moment sorry:(.

Moment - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones