• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting HELP!!

BOY

May 6, 2010
Getting ready to root and I've hit a snag... I was going to pull the trigger today and root using the 1 click method and flash to KAOSFROYO v30 and I cannot find a working download link?!?! Help. I was over on XDA and none of the multiupload.com links to open. I've tried IE and FF browsers and all I get is redirects. Thoughts?

FWIW does v30 come with over/under clock? I also have grabbed SetCPU just in case.

Getting ready to root and I've hit a snag... I was going to pull the trigger today and root using the 1 click method and flash to KAOSFROYO v30 and I cannot find a working download link?!?! Help. I was over on XDA and none of the multiupload.com links to open. I've tried IE and FF browsers and all I get is redirects. Thoughts?

FWIW does v30 come with over/under clock? I also have grabbed SetCPU just in case.

These site are sometimes tricky (they get you to click on "fake" / alternate download links).

Okay, FWIW, I had no problems doing this (it was a direct download and I didn't have to wait or select the "Free" option or anything). I also had downloaded several other files via multiupload earlier this morning.

Here's what I did to download KaosFroyo (I'm on Windows 7 using IE 8):

1. From the XDA link for KaosFroyo V30: [ROM]KaosFroyo V30 [08/18] [FROYO] - xda-developers
2. Click on the V30 multiupload link: Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
3. Click on the "Direct Download" button for the "MultiUpload" entry (first line)
4. Click on the "Save" button from the File Download window to download "kaosfroyo-v30.zip"
5. Specify the download location and voila', file downloaded

Have you perhaps exceeded your download limit for the day?

Hope this helps.

edit: I found a FAQ link (http://wiki.github.com/punk-kaos/KaosFroyo/kaosfroyo-faq) that indicates KaosFroyo V30 is overclocked to 710MHz by default

Reactions: BOY
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones