• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root rooting issues

tlxxxsracer

Jul 16, 2010
Ive been having issues when trying to root my evo. I copy over the PC36IMG file to the root directory of my micro sd. I boot up and get to the white screen. It checks the IMG.zip file, but then I get this error: Main version is older. Update failed"
I cant seem to fix this. Im not sure how to use adb or anything to it. Ive read through almost every tutorial and would have thought it was going to be easy. My software number is 1.47.651.1
If someone could please help me fix this so the error wont reoccur would be great!

Thanks!

I cant seem to fix this. Im not sure how to use adb or anything to it. Ive read through almost every tutorial and would have thought it was going to be easy. My software number is 1.47.651.1
If someone could please help me fix this so the error wont reoccur would be great!

Thanks!

Ok, if you aren't getting it from reading the tutorials, I would say start with unrevoked3. From there you can go straight to the rooted froyo rom.

There are perfect instructions from snapbox in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/support-tr...nually-apply-froyo-2-2-3-26-651-3-update.html

Then, the rom is here:
HTC 2.2 Stock Froyo (Rooted) 3.26.651.3 - Not the Final Build - xda-developers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones