• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting problem with Lenovo tab 3

D

Deleted User

Good morning everyone (or wherever you in the world), I have been facing issues with my Lenovo Yoga tab 3 from the day I got it (i kept sending it back to the original shop I bought it from, under warranty, but they sent it back claiming they have "fixed" it, the only changes I found is it has been factory reset). it was some weird defect, where some apps would not save the data (geometry dash levels would not be saved), and the gallery would not load the pictures and weird bugs that would not be fixed.
until some time later, when I decided to root it with the magisk method (because twrp is not supported on my device), I did, and I installed Lspeed, kernel adiutor, servicly, and among others. the thing is, it keeps unrooting itself upon restart. I don't know how that is even possible, but I have to root it again after each restart. is that a defect or can I fix it?

P.S: the nethunter chroot, is not being able to be downloaded, even if i leave it all night, it just ends with a timestamp without anything els.

sorry I took too long to reply back here, exams. anyways, thanks a lot man, I will try installing TWRP.
and while I was daydreaming for some time, I think I know what mistake I have made, when I rooted it I used this line

Code:
fastboot boot magiskpatched.img

so when daydreaming some more, I thought that

Code:
fastboot flash magiskpatched.img

and i did not use the original
Code:
fastboot flash boot magiskpatched.img
because it did not work for some reason

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones