• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Problem

Wanderlei

Apr 29, 2010
Hi All,

Just entered the Android world the other day when I purchased an HTC Hero.

I have been following the amazing thread here and I installed the autorooter and it said success but am stuck at the Titanium backup stage as when I launch it, I get an error saying it can't get root access.

Im assuming the rootkit did not work for me.

Heres some details if they can help, maybe I need to use a different method to root.

Firmware: 1.5
Kernel: 2.6.27-a5504199
Build: 1.76.405.6 146733
Software: 1.0.0A6288

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.

Hi Jaffa,

As soon as I launch Titanium it says:

Error

Sorry I could not aquire root access priviledges. This application will *not* work. Please verify that your ROM is loaded and includes BusyBox, and try again.

The guide Ive been following didnt mention anything about BusyBox - it appears as thought Im missing something.

Upvote 0
I appreciate your help there Jaffa. Thanks.

On the guide it says there should be a nandroid backup option on the recovery screen which there isnt, could you clarify mate?

Yeah there is a option that says backup/restore, click into that and you will see perform nandroid backup, once done mount you sd card on a pc and move your nandroid & titanium backups off your sd card for safe keeping..

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones