• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

evilmica

Lurker
Dec 27, 2011
hello,

ok i have a iphone 3g at the moment and is planning on buying a skyrocket. I'm familiar with unlocking and such. My problem with skyrocket is i'm on tmobile and I don't want to buy the code just to unlock it. I was reading elsewhere that rooting will give you a chance to unlock skyrocket however I don't see additional information on unlocking it. So does rooting unlock the skyrocket or is there an extra step? Or should i just buy the code? The main reason why I wanted to go with the galaxy s2 was i'm to lazy to unlock it this time around but I'm kinda like what skyrocket is offering.

Thanks again for the help.

hello,

ok i have a iphone 3g at the moment and is planning on buying a skyrocket. I'm familiar with unlocking and such. My problem with skyrocket is i'm on tmobile and I don't want to buy the code just to unlock it. I was reading elsewhere that rooting will give you a chance to unlock skyrocket however I don't see additional information on unlocking it. So does rooting unlock the skyrocket or is there an extra step? Or should i just buy the code? The main reason why I wanted to go with the galaxy s2 was i'm to lazy to unlock it this time around but I'm kinda like what skyrocket is offering.

Thanks again for the help.

Forgive me I am confused. If I understand correctly you are on T-Mobile.. why would you not buy the T-Mobile version of the phone? They are identical save some minor interior hardware

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones