• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting Samsung GIO on Ginderbread 2.3.4 ?

Hey Guys ,I will be moving this discussion to the All Things Root Sub-Forum :)

And probably add some stuff before moving

This Method will work on all Gingerbread and Froyo versions .

Unlike SOC,z4root which use exploits to root ,we are directly updating the system using recovery .

Samsung bml i.e. Stock Recovery is preferred over CWM because Stock ROMs use rfs file system and Clockwork mod usually uses ext2/3/4 filesystems.
That means your Stock Samsung system cant be read by Clockwork
Mod

So if you want to root a stock ROM/firmware then Samsung Stock Recovery is a must.

This method works 99% of times .
The 1% it doesnt work is when carriers or samsung releases a firmware which has less than 2MB of free space in the /system folder .
At that time the superuser.apk and su binary is not copied to the system properly .
Root checkers will say it is rooted but in reality your root wont work .
There is an alternative zip but it varies from carrier to country .

I think your carrier has bloated the system so root is not properly installed .

Probably the recovery is broken and you need Stock Samsung recovery to root it without any problems .

You went into Download Mode instead of recovery Mode

Hey Karandpr,

Can this rooting method (sd card method + zip file) be used on the Samsung Galaxy S2 as well, while still on Gingerbread?

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hey Karandpr,

Can this rooting method (sd card method + zip file) be used on the Samsung Galaxy S2 as well, while still on Gingerbread?

Thanks in advance.

No, never use it for Glaxy S2, is designed for the above models that are already mentioned. Today I update the zip file for rooting, Superuser is upgraded to v3.0.7 (41) and su binary v3.0.3.2. Runing smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy Mini Gingerbred 2.3.6 :cool:

Upvote 0
After rooting, it seems like my battery is dying much quicker. Anyone else notice this? Also, my RAM is used up alot when its idle. Usually have 60mb left which makes the phone very laggy.

Same for me for the ram being loaded up, for the battery, I don't know if you use any bluetooth, gps or 3g data, but on my phone theses are all turned off and I can keep the phone for more than 120hrs usually before the battery needs charging, of course if I use the wifi and gps sometimes I got to charge it after 80-90hrs which is pretty good I think for this kind of budget phone.

Upvote 0
I've successfully rooted my Gio and now I wanted to delete all of my Optus apps. I thought I needed to do this through Titanium but I am having trouble finding what I need to do.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

My friend better don't touch anything be patient for Optus I add in the c.c.b.s.f zip file to delete some of the bigest files like "CallBuddy" and "OptusNow"so people can root but I will add them all in Sunday v2 will come out. Don't touch anything couse is something new to you and better leave me to do the right thing and add them corectly before you make a mess on your phone. If you delete some stock system file it will be a big problem. ;)

Upvote 0
I've successfully rooted my Gio and now I wanted to delete all of my Optus apps. I thought I needed to do this through Titanium but I am having trouble finding what I need to do.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance.

Now I updated c.c.b.s.f_v2 all Optus apps are included just run it in recovery and all Optus apps will disappear.

:viking: May the Force be with you :D

Upvote 0
My friend better don't touch anything be patient for Optus I add in the c.c.b.s.f zip file to delete some of the bigest files like "CallBuddy" and "OptusNow"so people can root but I will add them all in Sunday v2 will come out. Don't touch anything couse is something new to you and better leave me to do the right thing and add them corectly before you make a mess on your phone. If you delete some stock system file it will be a big problem. ;)
Hi StoneBoyTony

Where can we find these files: c.c.b.s.f_v2?

Cheers

W. Gaff

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones