• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting the Droid without rsd lite up to and including FRG83D

using this method and my virus checker on both my phone (AVG) and my computer (McAfee) found a virus in the rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin file and removed it/wouldn't let me open it.

are they always going to find a virus b/c they don't want you to root your phone, or is it really just infected?

if they are can someone send me a link/file to/of a clean copy of the rage file?

the su and the .apk come up with nothing found.

when i used the virus infected ones on my first try my phone freaked out and kept acting like i was touching two places at one on my touch screen. i had to go back stock. i even compaired it with my wife's droid. (we just both got droids. and the best news is she sold her ipod touch to gamestop cause she was so happy with the droid.)

Upvote 0
using this method and my virus checker on both my phone (AVG) and my computer (McAfee) found a virus in the rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin file and removed it/wouldn't let me open it.

are they always going to find a virus b/c they don't want you to root your phone, or is it really just infected?

if they are can someone send me a link/file to/of a clean copy of the rage file?

the su and the .apk come up with nothing found.

when i used the virus infected ones on my first try my phone freaked out and kept acting like i was touching two places at one on my touch screen. i had to go back stock. i even compaired it with my wife's droid. (we just both got droids. and the best news is she sold her ipod touch to gamestop cause she was so happy with the droid.)

I had the same issue awhile back and had to disable the anti-virus software to get it to work. The file is not a virus but the type of file is similar to what a virus might use so the anti-virus program just see it as a threat.

Upvote 0
I had the same issue awhile back and had to disable the anti-virus software to get it to work. The file is not a virus but the type of file is similar to what a virus might use so the anti-virus program just see it as a threat.

so what about the buggy touch screen problem after rooting? i did it to my phone two times now and the same problem with the same files. and back to stock again with no problems on stock.

Upvote 0
Here is Super-One-Click Root v1.7 I uploaded that includes all the goodies needed for rooting providing you have downloaded the proper drivers for your Droid. I would have chose the latest version of SOC rooter, but it doesn't work for me and I found this version works flawlessly.. just make sure you choose the rageagainstthecage method as root method and you are good to go... this by far the easiest way to get my root established on my Droid 1.

SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip

and here is the rageagainstthecage-arm5.zip just by its self..

rageagainstthecage-arm5.zip

Hope this helps ya out! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones