• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting with "HTC Inspire 4G Simple Root and S-OFF"

mattbe213

Android Enthusiast
Dec 7, 2010
Missouri
Tomorrow I will be rooting my Inspire 4G with Bubby's simple root program. Bubby is a developer over at xda. If you too would like to root simply go here: [DEV][GUI][RC2][GPL][3-21-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers

The simple root has recently been updated to RC (Release Candidate) 2. I rooted a couple of weeks ago using RC 1. I rooted once, and a file that was meant to be deleted from the SD card after the root was done was making HBOOT want to "update" the phone. I "updated" and wound up back to STOCK (rooted) Android. My heart broke, and I knew that I needed to wait a few more days before I tried to root again, so I un-rooted. The S-ON tool didn't work with the PC I was using, but I was un-rooted. I currently have S-OFF and non-root.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Matt

Hello All,
I want to root my HTC Inspire 4g but i didn't found the link to download the Buddy's Root Program. So pleas where can i found that program.

Try this link: [TOOL] Advanced ACE Hack Kit (13012012) - xda-developers

Read very carefully. It will show you how to root your phone. Also do a you tube search for Inspire and how to root. Those videos are on there as well. That is how i learned to do mineand i suggest that is what you do as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones