• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rotate Image External Screen

Why do I need to to this ?
I play keyboard and thought it would be good if I could put all my lyric/chord sheets into a Galaxy Note format, so as not having to carry numerous folders etc. After spending quite a bit of time doing this, arranging them into portrait format so that full song was on display, I then found out that some were difficult to read. Yes that's right, old bloke with dodgy eyes.

So what am I trying to achieve ?
I got a 16" tv with a HDMI socket with the intention of turning it on end and viewing it like a large page, seeing as I already had the HDMI adaptor.
The problem I have is getting the image on the tv into portrait view, I have tried a view apps but cannot get what I want, the tablet image will rotate but I cannot copy that to tv.

So my question
Is this a tv capability, or galaxy note issue

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Cheers all and kind regards Dave

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones