• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Running applications

ysuleman

Lurker
Sep 11, 2010
So I have advanced task killer and recently like yesterday.. There are these apps like exclamation marks and next to them are these names:

com.android.providers.calender
com.sec.android.provider.logsprovider
com.sec.android.app.twlalauncher

There is more but what are these and how come they started showing up.
when i kill them they come back up.

Does anybody have any clue why they started sowing up and why they wont kill

Those sound more like processes than applications. What to do about stuff like that is a hotly debated topic lately. Some say Android handles background apps on its own. Others say it was designed to, and does to a certain extent, which I believe, but that it doesn't work as well as it should and can use some help. Some say it doesn't work at all and a task killer is necessary.

There are app killers, then there are apps which just alter the settings in Android to change the way it handles background tasks and processes. I personally use "autokiller" which is one that changes the way Android conducts business and there is no manual task killing necessary. Through my own experiments with it, running it, not running it, and back and forth again, I believe it helps a lot, but here is a link to a thread that can give you a lot of information on the subject. As to the cause of the new "processes" that are showing up, I don't have a solid answer for you, but you may find some answers in the thread.

Cheers!

http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/164475-better-worse-performance-task-killer.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones