• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Running Apps I can stop.

RandyRucker

Apr 2, 2011
I have a question about which running apps are important. Maybe some of the techno geeks here know this. Some running apps which I would like to stop/uninstall but don't know what they do are: PVWmdrmProxy, PVWmdrmService, com.smithmicro.dm, and HTC Sense. HTC Sense sounds important but I'm not sure. Maybe Yeahha or the guy with the midget mad scientist avatar could comment on them? Thanks. :)

I have a question about which running apps are important. Maybe some of the techno geeks here know this. Some running apps which I would like to stop/uninstall but don't know what they do are: PVWmdrmProxy, PVWmdrmService, com.smithmicro.dm, and HTC Sense. HTC Sense sounds important but I'm not sure. Maybe Yeahha or the guy with the midget mad scientist avatar could comment on them? Thanks. :)

If you want to stop them feel free to, if they are needed they will be started back up. I don't really think there is a reason to stop apps since Android handles memory management pretty well but close what you would like to.

The 2 PVWmdrm apps you listed I believe have to do with digital rights management for other apps.
come.smithmicro.dm has something to do with receiving OTA updates (I think) on HTC devices.
HTC Sense is well sense.

Reactions: RandyRucker
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones