1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Running apps keep restarting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by divx, Jul 7, 2013.

1. divx

divx Lurker

Hi, I have travelled around the Internet to find a solution to my problem and I have started to ask everywhere I can to solve it, because noone seems to know how to do it... :(

I bought a LG Otimus L5 last year, it's still perfect, never fallen, etc...
    Since April/March it has developed this strange behaviour...
    Even if I leave it in my pocket all day, suddenly some apps begin to restart over and over again (e.g. facebook, whatsapp, google maps, viber...), first one, then two, then four, a few hours later ALL running apps crash and restart continuously. This makes the phone unuseful (because even the Home and the Menu keep restarting) and if I realize this is happening I restart the device, and everything is all right again for a while. But if I don't notice it, the battery fastly drains and a full charge can last just a few hours.

Thus, I uninstalled quite every app I had on it, and in these months it never happened again. The other day I updated my device to Jelly Bean 4.1, and I tried to reinstall those apps to see if the problem had been solved automatically. Not at all. After having reinstalled those apps, after a few hours of running, they began to restart as I explained above.

I'd like to avoid to bring the phone back to the shop for check-out and support, can you help me to find a solution?

Thaaaaaaanks :)

Davide :smokingsomb:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. VanillaMotoX

VanillaMotoX Lurker

Got the same problem on a HTC One X running Jelly Bean 4.1.1. Just started happening, no task killer. Every app starts crashing until Sense starts crashes and the phone becomes quite unusable. As I don't do any side or 3rd party downloading I don't see this being a virus.

LG Optimus L5 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews