• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

s pen leaving marks on screen protector

The key to getting a screen protector that doesn't get marks from the S pen is to look for a 3H hardness rating.

I have the MobC and I love it!! It has a hardness rating of 3H (the same as the more expensive Spigen) which is needed for the S pen. It comes with 2 protectors, cleaning cloth, and screen squeegee, which is all pretty standard stuff. Here is what really sets this package apart, it also comes with a “guide sticker” to make sure its lined up perfectly before you take the film off from the sticky side of the protector, and dust tape to insure clean installation!!! This is a smart all inclusive package

Amazon.com: MobC Galaxy Note 2 / N7100 Screen Protector HD Film - 99.9% Clarity Japanese Film - Retail Packaging - Fine Crystal [2-Pack]: Computers & Accessories

Upvote 0
i bought a Steinheil anti glare and while it looks great, the pen already scratched it while trying to push up for a gesture move. its a tiny scratch but is visible with a white background. my guess is i had dirt on the screen and the spen dug into the protector but it apparently did stop the screen from getting scratched.

Upvote 0
My Spigen oleo leaves marks also.

Really? My Steinheil Oleophobic leaves no marks at all really, certainly not an imprint. No one can even tell the protector is there and when I use the S-Pen, the only way you can see writing on the screen is when the screen is off and you tilt it a certain way in the light and you see that the areas where you had written stick out from the areas of finger smudge. One quick wipe with your hand and GONE.

Upvote 0
Really? My Steinheil Oleophobic leaves no marks at all really, certainly not an imprint. No one can even tell the protector is there and when I use the S-Pen, the only way you can see writing on the screen is when the screen is off and you tilt it a certain way in the light and you see that the areas where you had written stick out from the areas of finger smudge. One quick wipe with your hand and GONE.

Yeah, I meant it just shows when the screen is off from the smudges.

Upvote 0
My ultra crystal was the worst smudge magnet I've ever seen. :mad: I hated it for that very reason. I spent ALL day and night constantly cleaning it.
This is how much it bothered me-- aside from the protector actually developing a crack with less than 30 days use-- it came as a 2 pack. I trashed the one that cracked; bet you're thinking I used the other....nope.... gave it away.

It's been *I think* 2 weeks since I removed the protector and I can count on one hand how many times I've cleaned the screen since then. Not sure what it is about the Note 2's actual screen but it barely smudges at all.

Upvote 0
Yep....that's the *main* point but when one is spending more than $10 on a protector, one doesn't want the protector looking like garbage.
I already told my story hence no protector on at all now.

I actually disagree because preventing that one little scratch on the glass is worth all the smudges on the protector. The smudges are wipable, especially with the oleophobic. The scratches on glass,,,not so much, unless one decides paying 3 or 4 x's the amount to get a new glass screen is worth it.

Upvote 0
I actually disagree because preventing that one little scratch on the glass is worth all the smudges on the protector. The smudges are wipable, especially with the oleophobic. The scratches on glass,,,not so much, unless one decides paying 3 or 4 x's the amount to get a new glass screen is worth it.

I agreed to your main point as to why one would want to use a screen protector.

Upvote 0
I have the Zagg HD screen protector and I thought there was hair under it but just realiazed it is from the s-pen. I drew a heart when i was playing with a photo and that is what I see on the screen now. (on the screen protector) Does any of the other covers show this too? I think I will be taking this one back to BB and asking for a replacement

Thanks!

Upvote 0
I have the Zagg HD screen protector and I thought there was hair under it but just realiazed it is from the s-pen. I drew a heart when i was playing with a photo and that is what I see on the screen now. (on the screen protector) Does any of the other covers show this too? I think I will be taking this one back to BB and asking for a replacement

Thanks!

To be honest you need to skip over getting Zagg completely. They are overpriced and junk. Get spigen screen protectors and you won't have the orange peel effect or rubbery feel to your screen anymore. Spigen protectors are much cheaper than those POS Zagg protectors and also much better quality.

Upvote 0
Personally, I despise ZAGG screen protectors. The orange peel feel to them is considerably annoying IMO. For front screen protectors, you should always go with a crystal clear one as they are smoother in texture. I have a crystal clear one on mine and there are no pen marks on mine. I do use a ZAGG protector for the back of my phone which is great since it provides a little more grip and protection.

Upvote 0
I have the spigen oleophobic screen protector on my note 2 and put the other on my hubby's as you get two in a pack. I have to say I thought they were a bit pricey but with such a great phone I wanted a good protector and by jove is worth it. It's like having nothing on the screen and yes I get pen marks but only in the grease I leave on the screen which you can't see any way, I just can't be bothered to clean it as you can't see it lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones