• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Has anyone else had any issues with the S voice on their new Galaxy S7's? Mine only wants to work about half the time, if I'm lucky. The voice wake up part works less than 1/2 the time, and this is very important to me, as I drive truck for a living, and we aren't supposed to need more than one button on the phone to use it with a blue tooth headset. Then, when I get it to open, the app kicks me out quite often, or it will miss understand my speech, and do something bonkers, like text or call someone else, instead of call the number I asked for. Also, The S Voice apparently doesn't read incoming texts anymore. It also can't seem to find a network connection a lot of the time. yet, when I go to home screen, and back to the page I was looking at, it picks up a connection very easily. Apparently, the reception on the S7 isn't as good as the reception on the S5, either, especially out in the country side, where my old S5 had excellent signal strength, but the S7 has only a weak - or no signal

Is this a marshmallow issue, or a Samsung cheapening the build issue?

My S5 had NONE of these issues. Kind of wish I hadn't traded it in on this phone.

Thanks,
Leatherman Jim

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones