• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S10 Plus: Keyboard lags after unlocking screen

Quang Anh Go

Lurker
Jun 24, 2019
Hi there,
After my Galaxy S10 Plus was updated to newest June firmware, I have annoying problem with the keyboard (all kind of keyboard: samsung, google, swipe,…). When I unlock the phone, and immediately (within 1 – 2 seconds after unlocking) type words, the keyboard lags and takes 2 – 3 seconds to appear.
For specific situation, when I am on chat screen, the keyboard is showing up, and then I turn off screen. After the phone is unlocked, the screen is still on chat screen, but keyboard doesn’t show up (like it is forced to disappear when the phone is locked). After that, when I immediately click to input words to continue chatting, the keyboard takes times to appear and shows some lagging.
It doesn’t happen when I wait a little bit after unlocking phone, or when I use phone for a while. I didn’t met this problem before.
I tried several methods like hard reset, clear cache data, etc, but it is ineffective.
Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you so much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones