• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S2 Tab, Ad freezing whole tablet on startup

Workadayz

Lurker
Jul 20, 2019
Hi

I read the thread about ads in notification area, but this is not that. On mine, I start up my tablet and very soon afterwards a black screen loads two adverts. Its different each time but always with the black background. The annoying thing is when these ads are on I cannot do anything on my tablet, not even turn it off, change settings... nothing at all.

I have to wait at least 5 whole minutes before I can dismiss them. I do I get rid. I will attach a thumbnail of one of the screens that has come up.

I've tried various ad blocker apps but so far none of them have trapped it or been able to tell me what is causing this freezing up on displaying this set of ads.
IMAG1108.jpg
IMAG1108.jpg
IMAG1108.jpg

I have no idea which app this came up with as I'd not downloaded anything for some time... its a delayed reaction. I don't play any games on this tablet. Help gratefully received.

Last edited:
You might want to do as @ocnbrze suggested, remove apps one by one until you find the culprit. I'd do it in reverse order of when they were installed.

You can go to the Play Store and view your apps, in descending order. Then have at it!

Once you've identified the naughty app, let us know but, more importantly, let Google know. I'm sure the behavior you're describing isn't acceptable to them, and they'll pull the offending app.

Upvote 0
You might want to do as @ocnbrze suggested, remove apps one by one until you find the culprit. I'd do it in reverse order of when they were installed.

You can go to the Play Store and view your apps, in descending order. Then have at it!

Once you've identified the naughty app, let us know but, more importantly, let Google know. I'm sure the behavior you're describing isn't acceptable to them, and they'll pull the offending app.
…. please can you tell me how to find which order things were installed? I've no idea which app it was. I'm ot even sure I've installed very much and I have removed loads and still this annoying behaviour persists. There was a time recently when I thought I had Kaspersky running but it then became apparent it wasn't launching and protecting my tablet after all. Could it have come in then?

Upvote 0
please can you tell me how to find which order things were installed?
The link I posted sorts by most recent--if you open it in a browser. If it opens in the Play Store app, it's different.

If you're reading this in a browser, and clicking/pressing the link makes the Play app open, right-click or long-press on the link, then choose to open it in a new tab. When you go to that tab, your apps should be sorted by most recent.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones