1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

S3 speaker problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by alliestar90, Dec 25, 2012.

1. alliestar90

alliestar90 Lurker

I just got a Samsung galaxy s3 today as an Xmas gift. The sounds worked at first but all of a sudden the speakers stopped working. I tried playing a song but no sound came out. I plugged in headphones and i could hear the music fine. my dad put a screen protector on it and he may have gotten some of the liquid stuff you use to get the protector to stick on the phone. i havent dropped it or anything. any idea what the problem could be?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Is the speakers working when the phone rings or with other notifications?

3. Terry51

Terry51 Member

Congrats on geting your new toy... have you checked the volume has not been muted in the notifercation bar?. Also, check the volume levels in settings/volume are on full.

4. alliestar90

alliestar90 Lurker

I checked the sound settings. it's all up to full. and no, the ringtones and notifications aren't going off either.

5. Terry51

Terry51 Member

Well, assuming you ain't got anything inside the handset when fitting the screen protector?, you could always try a factory reset!. that usely sorts out most problemed. Failing that, take it back to the shop.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews