• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S5570 Hangs randomly

My GT-5570 hangs (freezes) randomly. This happens only when the mobile is in sleep mode. When I press the ON button to wake it up nothing happens.

In this hanged state, I tried the following:

1. Tried to call my (this hanged) mobile from another phone and the bell was going but no ringtone/vibration happened.

2. In a seperate time, I tried to connect to USB, My laptop detected the phone but didnt showed the folders. Also charging sign didnt showed up. The screen is simply dead.

To Fix it I have tried to hard reset the device by going through menu-> settings->privacy->Factory data reset. It did reduced the frequency to hangs to doesnt fix the issue.

Also I have updated it to the latest firmware: PDA:KC1 / PHONE:KC1 / CSC:KC1 (INU).

On a side note before the last upgrade, there used to be few random reboots but havnt seen any recently after upgrade.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Kindly reply if anybody is facing the same issue or has a resolution.

(I am weary of handing it over to customer support as they say it will take 10 days and I dont want my new mobile to get dirty :p )

Ok, the problem persists and I am starting to get really anoyed (now almost a daily thing) so I decided to run Catlog in background.

After couple of failed trys , finally got a freeze during catlog recording.

I am attaching here these logs (Last 50 mins of it as the total logs were about 10-12 hours long).

I am still missing what actually caused the SOD (Learned a new term :"Sleep of Death" :D while searching for this issue).

Can anyone Help

Attachments

• 2011-04-10-03-44-49.zip
    15.2 KB · Views: 58
Upvote 0
I do wish to keep the warranty so haven't rooted it yet and I have updated it to the latest version: PDA:KC1 / PHONE:KC1 / CSC:KC1 (INU) (had mentioned this in my original post ).

Problem does exist from the date of purchase (actually for first couple of instances, I thought I had accidently switched off the mobile (while putting it in its pouch or something) but eventually realized that it was SOD.

Upvote 0
Bought my phone about a week ago. Firmware was ~KC1, I upgraded it to ~KC7 using Kies. Have had a couple of Sleep Of Deaths, which sucks. Any ideas or workarounds? I might add that I've installed like ~60 apps, of which some may cause instability in the system. Not entirely sure. Ideas?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones