• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help S6 constantly popping up "Bluetooth disconnected" - Please help?!?!

ergalthema

Nov 12, 2009
The Bluetooth keeps disconnecting over and over. I have a Moga Hero, but it won't work because "Bluetooth disconnected" keeps popping on screen. It doesn't matter if the Hero is on or not. No other Bluetooth devices are nearby. I have disabled every possible app I can think of that might be using BT. The S6 is constantly showing "Bluetooth disconnected" popup - it goes away and pops up again over and over. It only shows up when using Gear VR (but I have connection issues with the controller without Gear VR as well).

I'm not rooted and I'm trying to not root if possible (but I am quickly finding too many limitations to being unrooted).

Hero is fully-charged and set to B (or off - the popup still happens when the controller is off). The popup does not happen when BT is off.

If I try to use the Hero controller, sometimes it will show a popup that it is connected. But quickly the "Bluetooth disconnected" popup happens. Occasionally, the controller will connect and work for a minute or so, but I can rarely get it to stay connected at all. Sometimes, the volume pops up with the "Bluetooth disconnected" popup, but sometimes it doesn't. I can't use the Gear VR like this.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones