• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

S8 Some Calls Go To Speaker

Leevis

Aug 15, 2011
Hi All
Been searching the web for a while on this. It would appear that when i receive a call and the S8 is locked the call starts as normal but after about 5 seconds the audio switches to the speaker but without the speaker button lit up. The only way to get it out of this loop is to press the speaker to route the audio to the speaker (where is already is) and then press it again to turn off the speaker and get it back to normal.
I think it is only when the phone is locked and i get a call. Very strange behavior.
I have seen that clearing the cache helps but not in my case. No call recording software installed (that i know of).
Also, i cant get the Co-Pilot voices working, not sure if this is related to this issue.
L

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones