• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Bubbles aka 'Bubby Boy' aka 'Bubster' (2017-2022):
2023, not 2022, right? Didn't he die soon after Joy Noelle? That was this year.

It's a shame the people around you have such disgusting beliefs/feelings about non-human animals, but it's nice that you're able to express yourself and make your own mark. Your new kids are super cute! Hope you have many long years together. :D

Upvote 0
My heart breaks for you, @olbriar in that you were denied those last few minutes.
Me too. The last five hours of Joy Noelle's life are among the most special I spent with her. That was different, of course, from the usual 'take pet to my vet to be put down' scenario, because we were at home, knowing that the end was coming, and choosing not to traumatize her by taking her in, or having Doc come here. (Her LEAST favorite person was not who I wanted her to see as her last memory!) The time I spent cuddling her soft, precious little body and telling her what a joy she's always been means so much to me. Those five hours...they're irreplaceable. It's not like she hadn't figured out--during the past 18+ years--that I love her, but somehow saying it over and over again, knowing these were the last words she'd ever hear, and that my soft loving touch was the last thing she'd ever feel, just made it special. I've shared with one member privately that although it's been seven months, the profound grief really hasn't subsided. All of my pets have been special, in their own way, but Joy Noelle was SPECIAL special, and I just can't seem to move on from the profound, aching grief and the hole left by her absence. :cry:

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0
my bad, yes March 2023.

people here love animals fine. Meat-eating animals that is. Keep in mind this place is very pro-Trump even today, very alt right, religious and so on, so animals such as deer are treated no differently than any other 'weak' plant-eater, as food for humans, something to shoot at for eating the flowers, or a pest. Herbivores like horses get exceptions for being 'usable' aka riding animals, plow pullers, carriage horses, etc. Also, horses in the care of many humans tend to share similar 'omnivore' traits, as I've seen horses that took bacon 'treats' from their owners, along with hamburgers. I once met a 'deer hunter' who bonded with one buck she claimed 'loved venison sausage'. so any herbivore who can be 'manipulated' to eat meat gets certain respect, although the most popular animals for people are often dogs/cats only. As one meat-lover once told me, "at least my dog doesn't judge me for eating meat, and enjoys it too"

I always say "I love what everyone else hates" and it's not just me being contrarian, but the irony. I love the looks and tech of the '50s-70s, I love old music, I wish cars that were as comfortable as the '78 Lincoln Continental still existed, I ADORE DEER, and I thought the HTC Thunderbolt was excellent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just wanted to check in, @Clementine_3, and see how you're doing. I'm sure the void left by Raphael's absence is crushing, but I hope you're doing okay.
Thanks so much Moody! I'm doing, it's getting a little better but yeah, ugh.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much Moody! I'm doing, it's getting a little better but yeah, ugh.
I'm glad you're getting along. I know how awful it is right at first, and I also know that people lose interest in others' loss after a while, so I wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you and what you're going through right now.

One thing that helps me--a little--is knowing that my beloved baby is safe and happy now, free from worldly issues. Try to focus on that when you're feeling Raphael's loss particularly hard, and see if it helps.

Everyone's familiar with Rainbow Bridge, but this was new to me; it's a tear-jerker, but I hope its message is comforting down the road, for you and everyone mourning a loss:

JoyNoelle_cremation_RedefinedLove_031423.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How are you doing, @Clementine_3? It's okay to say it sucks, and you're not doing any better. Or whatever the case may be. :)

Are you going to do anything with Raphael's things, like his collar, tags, favorite toy, food bowl, etc.? Some members have done beautiful, physical things, so they can see reminders of their pet in an organized way. I'm still figuring out what I want to do. A 'memory box' hung on the wall, like @The_Chief has, would be nice.

Upvote 0
His ashes are on my dresser with his collars, he's next to Max and Lilly. His bowl is still there and his leash is still hanging where it belongs but I don't really do anything special. At some point I'll put his bowl away but not yet. I still have a lot of his Rx food, almost a whole big bag but no one will take it because it's been opened, I hate having to throw it out but will have to do that soon too.
Thanks for asking!
How are you doing? I haven't seen any updates to your health thread.

Upvote 0
Foster dog parents won't take it? Boarding places? I'm sure someone in the community would love to have that food...
I called the Greyhound rescue place I got him from and all the places she referred me to. I called my vet and all the places they referred me to. I called the shelters. I asked all my neighbors to ask around. I think it's two problems really, Rx kidney food (not general food) and no organization is going to touch open food these days. So much crazy out there and so much to be responsible for on their end. I get it but it's a crying shame. I'm honestly not sure I'd be willing to take it if I were on the other end.

Upvote 0
It's a shame to throw out expensive prescription food but, unfortunately, that may be what you'll have to do. Since you've done so much already, I can only think of asking on NextDoor if anyone can use it. For those who don't know, NextDoor is a site/app where you're only talking to people verified to be your immediate neighbors. So, for example, I can only access Arcadia and a limited amount of its close neighbors. I find this really handy because the people you're talking to are your actual neighbors. It helps, somehow, to talk to people who live near you, even if you've never met them before.

Also, you can feed it to your remaining dog(s). I did that with Joy Noelle's k/d (both dry and canned) after she decided not to eat it any more. My vet said it was fine to give it to my other cats, just don't feed it as their exclusive food. There's nothing in it that can HARM a pet with normal kidney function. You can add mix it like 25% prescription and 75% regular. It'll slowly go down, and won't be wasted. *DISCLAIMER* I am not a vet! Check with your vet to make sure it's okay for your pets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones