• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Safe mode messes up all my widgets

ok here's wut happened:
i load up facebook widget, power off, go into safe mode.
the widget is gone, i tried to add it back in safe mode, but it's nowhere to be found. only stock widgets show

i power back on in normal mode, facebook widget is still not there, but this time i can add it from the list of widgets.

however i'm still not seeing any error loading message, just 3rd party apps/widgets wiped. i did notice my downloaded apps were all in the wrong place now when i reboot

Upvote 0
This happened to me tonight! Except, the phone entered safe mode of its own accord; I didn't do anything.

I have TitaniumBackup and it is set to, every Sunday at 2am, do "Redo backups for modified data". Files in the TitaniumBackup folder date between December and February 5.

My question (my hope) - could I restore my folder contents and homescreen widgets by restoring a backup?

Is there a single file or a small number of files I should be looking to restore from within the backup, as opposed to the whole thing?

Fingers crossed. Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones