• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung Galaxy Apollo battery problem

Hey everybody
In my previous post, I had stated that I got battery life of around 26-27 hrs.
Since then i have rooted my phone and i am using auto killer memory optimizer and trust me I have started getting a battery life of 52 hrs.

I know it would be hard to grasp but i have tested it 2 times and it does give around 52 hrs. It is baffling that first it started with 16-17 hrs, then went upto 26-27 hrs and now upto 52 hrs.

I guess the battery life depends on the number of apps running and efficiently killing such apps.

Hope it stays the same way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Share your such experiences.

Buddy,
I've rooted the phone...have auto killer memory optimizer as well...but battery is draining too quickly...there are presets...please tell me wat presets r u using to get this kind of backup...i've tried optimum / aggressive as well....

Upvote 0
Three main things to stop battery draining

1 - Advanced Task Killer (or another similar app, downloadable from Market for free)

2 - turn off 3G, 2G is perfectly fine, and wont be searching consistently for signals

3 - turn off GPS and Wireless

My phone now lasts at least 2 days, with high use:p
Please tell me how to disable mobile network 3G/2G

Upvote 0
Thank you for your help. Tough luck for me. apndroid is taking forever to download. i tried to edit access points, still i am not able to get rid of 2g/3g. any way thanks. i will try again after some time.
None of these worked for me on Samsung Galaxy 3 and I was pretty frustrated with Android and regretted my decision. Ultimately found following solution that works, but my question is why Android has hidden this solution so deep and in difficult to reach area.

Open dialer.
Dial *#*#4636#*#* to open

Reactions: Sparkymarky90
Upvote 0
Guyz i dont know how much this solution would help evry1 but it helped me a lot...i almost got more den 20hrs on an average a day on a full charge....

1) Download LauncherPro from Android Market.

2) After full Installation Push the Home button & select LauncherPro as the default action
-Home Screens= 3

3) Install Advanced Task Killer & in its settings select
-Auto Start
-Show Notification
-Ignore List (Advanced Task Killer,Voice Dialler & all those Apps u dont want task killer to auto kill)
-Auto Kill Level=Safe
-Auto Kill Frequency=Every Half Hour* (this is the main key to conserving battery)
-Security level=High.

4) Also Keep a widget of the task killer on the Home screen to manually kill unwanted apps

5)keep WiFi,Bluetooth,GPS & Google Sync off whenver nt in use.

6)brightness = low

7) Settings > Wireless and Network settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > GSM only. (UMTS/HSDPA is 3G).

Note:The samsung's default TWlauncher is so boring slow & battery consuming that it is 1 of the main reasons of battery consumption
secondly Android tasks dont wish to die on their own so mercy killing them is d best option.So Advanced Task Killer is the best assassin for them (do not forget to select the ignore list in its settings or else ATK will go on killing them)

Hope this will help most of them...

Upvote 0
Another funny thing that i noticed is that as stated by many people the indicator drops to 15% or 10% from 50% or so. But i tried this: As soon as the indicator drops or tells to connect to power(which is usually due to a call when indicator is at 50% or 40%), just connect for say 10 seconds and the indicator again shoots up to original count. I don't know why this happens but seems to be a problem with the way the indicator measures battery life.

Upvote 0
have the exact same problem... though if it drops to 15% i reboot my phone.. and its back to 50% and stays there for quite a long time...
totally i hardly get like a full 24 hours plus or minus a few hours depending on my usage.. i just have to charge my phone battery everyday...
using AFK at high...

if youve got a battery problem please write to samsung in the link above.. think its a great idea and hope they do something aboutthe problem...

Upvote 0
Having the same problem on my Galaxy 3. The battery suddenly drops from 60 to 15% and then dies. Have missed morning wake ups because of that. GPS also not working properly. Otherwise a sexy little phone. Shame really... Tried the battery calibration routine (drain the battery completely and then charge overnight to 100%). Not much help. Hope the 2.2 update is happening at some point. All though they are taking their sweet time. If the update does not happen within January then I thin I should think about demanding my money back. Can't trust a device like that.

Upvote 0
I am a middle-aged woman completely new to Smart Phones and Android. I am using the Galaxy Apollo on the Telus network in British Columbia Canada. I have had my service provider block data to prevent any costly accidents, since I use my phone primarily as a phone and thought I could use Wi-Fi when I needed more. I wanted to try to improve battery usage by following the suggestions here - to disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and change the network settings to GSM only. Now I find that my phone has the no service sign for the short periods of time I have had it on since changing the settings. Would anyone know why that might be?

Upvote 0
Heyyy frndss .... i want to share wiz ya wat i felt abt samsung i5801 .... i bot this fone 1 month bck n wizin first 20 days der wsnt much problem wiz the battery ...... bt suddenly i felt the battery went down very fastly n my battery wud stay up to 15hrs after a full charge n my mobile gt switchd off very soon .... i ws terribly worried bcuz it hs been only 20 dayz since i bot ...... then i searchd net n there were many softwares regarding the battery problem .... nw wat i hve found out is tht wenver i open any applications n if i close after my use also , internally tht application wil b runnin n we may nt know tht . so i downloaded a software named ADVANCED TASK KILLER from android market n i ws shocked to c tht wich all applications i closed ws internally workin ...... so i killed those applications thru my software n to my sudden surprise my battery cn stand up to 2 to 3 dayz without any prob n im very happy nw .... so any f u guys facing battery problem check out dis software( ADVANCED TASK KILLER ) ............ N any doubts based on dis battery problem mail me at crazyimmanuel@gmail.com ...... Manu :)

Upvote 0
Hello everyone,

Anyone facing issue with Battery with Samsung 3 / I5801
Here is the solution, i got from Samsung Helpline....

1. Let your phone drain out whole of battery (try using it till it switch off automatically)
2. Put it on charging for 8-9 hours, be it in OFF mode only. (you can do this in night)
3. Remove the charger after it, and Power it ON...

Let me know your feedbacks...

Thanks
Sumit

The above procedure didnot solve my problem. so I took it to samsung service center ans strangely, they are less aware of the firmware upgrades and they even don't know that samsung had a new Froyo update I5801DDJP6.
They were still in Eclair 2.1, so I gave the info of the new firmware upgrade and they were still not able to solve the issue and as my mobile was under warranty they opted for a board change to check if the problem was resolved.
Froyo 2.2 I5801DDJP6
thanks,
Subrahmanyam

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones