• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy GT I9000 Reception

furion

Lurker
Jul 25, 2011
Hello Everyone

Ok I have a Samsung Galaxy Gt i9000 , the screen got cracked , so i bought a faulty one from ebay which did not read sim cards, so swapped the motherboards around and all good accept no reception a few bars sometimes , but now since i played with it some more now hardly ever 1 bar , i reflashed it and still same problem , i ended up buying another one brand new , as i love to repair things i decided to pull the barand new one apart right away and i swapped both the motherboards around again so new board was in old phone and i put old board in new phone, now they both had no reception ??? so then put them both back to original state new phone perfect reception , tried swapping the antenna cord around and also tried swapping the antenna its self around , still no reception , so im wondering is there something im missing ? as in is there some kind of procedure which must be done to swap motherboards over ? its dosent make sense that i put a brand new board in old phone and old board in new phone and no reception on both ???? when swapping a xbox 360 dvd rom drive over you have to extract the key code from rom and put it in xbox , is there maybe something similar to this in this case ? and ideas here would be great , i have been repairing electronics for a long time now and have good know how and understanding with technical procedures , my occupation is a computer technician , i would love to hear any thoughts on this no matter how far out they may seem

Thank you all

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones