• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Samsung galaxy s2 4G lost IP address

Molsen

Lurker
Nov 27, 2013
I got a new Samsung Galaxy S2 4G for Boost Mobile a few months ago and it's been perfect until last weekend. Even though it sees and recognizes my home network, it won't connect to it. When I go to the advanced settings, it says it's IP address is unavailable. It connected fine this morning to the network at school, showing me it's IP address, but when I got home, nothing again.

I searched and followed some of the basic suggestions I found on the forum (unplugged and retest my modem, factory retest on the phone, and leaving phone turned off for about ten minutes) and nothing seems to be working.

Any ideas of what I can do? I read some of the more advanced suggestions, but to be honest, I didn't know how to go about doing those. (I need simpler steps :) )

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

"Forget" that connection. Then create it again. (If anything else is connecting to your wireless, the modem and router are NOT at fault.)

If the data saved for that connection gets corrupted, the phone will never connect to that particular one again. "Forgetting" the connection gets rid of all existing data, so it has to get fresh data, which will hopefully be correct.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones