• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Galaxy S2 rooted and won't turn on

S

sillygirlsigh

My friend gave me her old phone and I decided to try and root it myself. I rooted it using Odin and jeboo kernel and it said that it passed, now when I try and turn it on nothing happens. I can turn it on in download mode, a yellow yield sign comes up and then it turns off again and nothing happens.

Can anyone help me make this phone work again? I'm worried my friend is going to ask for it back...I live with her. I am a complete idiot for trying to do this myself.

Hi, I'm the same person, just made an account now because it wouldn't let me reply otherwise.

So. Yes I did install superuser after the kernel, I can't boot it into recovery any more, I can turn it on in download mode if it's connected to the laptop and that's about it. I thought if I could just wipe the phone in recovery mode and use odin to put the kernel on again it might work but I can't get the phone on

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones